| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Murena Ride Height  (Read 28439 times)
GP
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »

Hi Derek,

May have a set of old second hand springs if you get really desperate?
Don't know if they have sagged much over the years, but the engine was out of the car most the time.

GP
GP
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 01:03:28 am »

If playing with ride heights of your car there is actually some theory behind what you are doing to the car and why it may handle better or worse?

Read the following for more information if interested:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/understanding-corner-weights/

GP
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 09:48:26 am »

Sometimes it's better to forget all theoretic  story's and make a set-up that you feel as good.
You need a day at a circuit, because on open road it's a not done Tongue
Because of use different materials (tires/springs) advice is difficult to get.
My experience so far is the more wedge the better.
I don't want the car to high at the rear, but driving is better if it is higher at the back.
I still need a harder compound tire at the back for best perfomance, but I am almost satisfied with roadhandling for open road.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Murena IRL

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 11:55:56 pm »

Thanks Graham.

My Murena on a roundabout for example with the weight on the drivers side of the car does feel to lean alot  more (alot more that it should IMO) than when I exit the roundabout with weight moved to passenger side.

I thought the springs could be shot after 30 years but will also have a good look at the trailing arms again. However, it just passed its MOT last month.

GP
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:25 pm »

Hi Derek,

You had better take the springs off and measure their lengths to start with, which would give a reasonable indication. If you know someone with a Coil Spring Tester even better.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/Chassis_Set_Up_Equipment/Testing_Equipment/Intercomp_Coil_Spring_Tester/1241/0/15506

Brand new ones would probably be the answer to be certain though.

Cheers,

Graham
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 08:09:54 pm »

---------
I was going to go ahead any buy a set of rear springs for my Murena, think they are still on the originals so no harm replacing and Simon had them at 40 Euros on ebay.de when I last looked last year
=============================================================================================================

a few months ago I bought 2 sets.
Maybe a call to Simon can help.

1 set is build im my car and 1 set we build in a 1.6 with Spax.
This 1.6 car has 2.2 springs with Spax now and made a lot of progress because of that.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: