| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Supercharging a Bagheera  (Read 127464 times)
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:47 am »

I have just purchased the new (?) Bagheera book by Andre Dewael published by E-T-A-I.

Towards the end of the book is a section about the other engine designs Matra considered including a 16 valve head on the 1294cc engine and a supercharged 1592cc engine. We all know of the U8 engine but I had never heard of the 16V nor the supercharged version!

My french is not good enough to pick up all the details (the book is all in french) but the linguists on the forum will do better!

The supercharged engine has the same configuration as my proposed Wade Blower with the blower above the inlet manifold. It looks smaller than my blower but produced 126 ch (HP?) at 6,200rpm. Performance figures are quoted so it was obviously a working car. This is compared with the Porsche 924 2 litre with similar performance. It appears to have been fitted in a "P29" prototype open 2 seater!  Where is it now I wonder?

Spyros... How is your 16Valve project going? Very quiet??

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2011, 10:17:08 pm »

Hi Andy,

I didn't touch my Bagheera with a spanner for several months. Other priorities I'm affraid.

Dewael is wrong about the 16V. This is a Simca Rallye engine
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »

Last night I started taking off the Shorrock Supercharger and fitting the bigger Wade supercharger. Photos will follow soon.

Maybe we should start a new topic? Wade Supercharger on a Bagheera?

See you there!

Andy.

Back in business for fun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: