| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Parts Weight list  (Read 101507 times)
GP
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2010, 10:11:31 am »

I want to make only that modifications, which will be easilly possible to make back to original condition - you all know me  Wink so is there something on your mind what more could be done?
 On friday I will go to circuit to test the suspension changes and new tyres, so I have only today and tomorrow.

Hi Michal,

To late now for you I know, but if you or anyone else is considering doing a track day, solo, sprint, hillclimb etc. one of the best mods as stated earlier by JL is to the handling.
One of the most dramatic changes can be had from the tyres. I actually from experience gained 5 secs. for a lap at Brands Hatch using Toyo Proxes R888's. 205/50ZR15 Front, 215/50ZR 15 Rear, in a medium hard compound (GG), which are a road legal competition tyre and very durable.
They do quite a range of different sizes and much to my good fortune they do a super soft/wet compound (SG) in the 15" range as a 195 and a 205. This will suit me perfectly for a short hiilclimb or sprint regardless of the weather conditions.

Cost of these tyres from Demon Tweeks: 195's £111.93 each. 205'S £130.80 (Total for a set £483.93 / 537.30 EUR)

http://www.toyo.co.uk/productdetail.php?identity=products&product_id=18

Graham

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:02:42 pm by GP » Logged
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2010, 10:25:31 am »

And if you have plans for suicide take this one.

The most shitty tyre I ever had.
Every curve is a adventure.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Oskar

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2010, 04:57:07 pm »

I used those, new ones on trackdays.  in warm weather they where actually good and predicted.  but in wet the car wanted to oversteer as soon as you turned.  very fun but not so quick  Grin
think they cost 40-50euros/tyre

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2010, 12:07:12 am »

And what You've been waiting for? Cheesy They are from China! All Chinese tires are dangerous! When there was a wet brake test, where they were comparing good tires (Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, GoodYear) with chinese tires (Vanli, Nankang, Sunli, Goodride) the result was:
1) braking from 100km/h - when cars with good tires were allready standing, cars with china tires were still at 60km/h  Shocked
2) most of chinese tires were broken before reached allowed top speed  Angry

Personally don't like anything from China, 99% of their production is a crappy shi*, I preffer 10 years old Hi-Fi Made in Germany than brand new Somy or Fillips Made in China - it allways works for few months...

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2010, 01:15:13 am »

I liked to have 205 on the back, and then choices are limited on 14"
I was busy for months to find something that would suit my needs, and couldn't make a choice.
I finaly desided this way.

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2010, 08:20:12 am »

HA HA HA HA HA!!!  Grin
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 09:15:47 am »

Oetker:  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2010, 11:32:00 am »

----
I finaly desided this way.

Judging by what you have to say about those tires, that was a "miss" Wink

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2010, 12:41:06 pm »

It was a miss, but I think all 4 would have been a miss, so I want try the others, and go straight for a brand tire.
The Murena is sensitive on tires and previews and tests by costumers don't help.
The Nankang could perform well on one car but be a pain on another.
It is how setup comes together (shocks weight) and how you like the handling.
Most Murena drivers I spoke and experimented with it say, standard wheels, standard sizes, and Michelins, but the new generation of Michelins is different.
Tire brands want to contribute in saving the world and make tires that save energy, and that changes driving capability by perfoming bad in the wet.
Also Bridgestone has a ER300 eco in program, wich I carefully walked around.
I don't want to save the world, but help my goverment true the recession, buying the more high taxed fuels and tires that burn more. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:48:05 pm by Oetker » Logged

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2010, 11:16:27 pm »

It was a miss, but I think all 4 would have been a miss, so I want try the others, and go straight for a brand tire.
-----

I have moved my reply to the, Best tires for original alloys, thread, as this one is drifting off the weight topic. Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:21:26 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
darrenheli

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2010, 10:41:36 am »

just done a pair of carbon inner 1/4 panel arch stone guards as i have had one missing for years
filip

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2010, 10:46:55 pm »

Not from Murena, but can be useful:
From www.mi16.nl:
Xu9J4 (mi16)
Engine weight (dry, with flywheel, alternator & starter)

132.7kg
JV

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »

just done a pair of carbon inner 1/4 panel arch stone guards as i have had one missing for years

I'm missing them both and I would like to replace them.
Do you have the exact measures?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:14:18 pm by JV » Logged

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
darrenheli

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2010, 08:07:54 pm »

just done a mould and carbon part . the panel under the heater motor , heater panel next originall panel 245gm and carbon 52gm and its stiffer
njesper

« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 11:51:48 am »

Updated the summary of this thread (post 1 page 1) until reply # 88.

KEep it coming  Wink

btw.

SAFETY FIRST
To the guys who contemplate on using plexiglass for replacing windows (ex.front), please choose lexan/polycarbonate instead.
Plexiglass is prone to splinter, when in a collision. Danish racing regulations do not allow the use of plexiglass in racecars for this reason.
The name is Lexan/polycarbonate. This stuff does not splinter, when being squashed, it just bends/deforms, and in the end breaks in a more civilized way.  Grin

This said, you should also think about the same issues with carbon fiber. I don't know if there is a way to actually encase the carbon, so that it cannot splinter when breaking apart. For the same reason, I would think twice about making the bigger outer panels out of carbon, because it could pose a large threat to people around your car (flying carbon pieces), if you crash.

If anybody has ever come across the BARE WEIGHT of a murena chassis (like when it was pulled out of the zink bath), please let us all know. I'm curious of knowing how much "all the other stuff" actually weighs.

Furthermore, weighing of the seats would also be cool.

Best,

Njesper
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:46:46 pm by njesper » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: