| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Parts Weight list  (Read 101487 times)
darrenheli

« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2010, 10:06:46 pm »

Yes all the parts so far i have made moulds for so that i can do more if required, iam trying to get quicker with better quality and building up to do biger things like front inner panels and roof etc
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:27 pm »

Yes all the parts so far i have made moulds for so that i can do more if required, iam trying to get quicker with better quality and building up to do biger things like front inner panels and roof etc

Darrenheli, you got to be careful saying things like that, I do believe I'm not alone wanting to buy several parts from you now!  Grin

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »

I think what a lot of people would really want, was for somebody to create some side panels/skirts like the ones on the "S" version. The ones that are available are far to expensive.
darrenheli

« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:58 pm »

How much are they? has any one in the uk got some i can copy?
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2010, 09:38:11 pm »

They are 170 euros a piece
lewisman

« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2010, 11:38:42 pm »

How much are they? has any one in the uk got some i can copy?

I have a pair that will be going on my murena eventually.  Where are you in the UK?
darrenheli

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2010, 06:52:24 pm »

Just done another part windscreen wipe mech panel , behind fuse panel  old part 382gm new carbon part 89gm
GP
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:37 pm »

Rear screen made from 6mm bronze tinted Polycarbonate Makrolon Longlife Plus with black edging and all holes for fixtures.
Weight 8kg.
Heat formed over an original glass rear screen (weight 15kg) by Plastics for Performance U.K.
http://www.plastics4performance.com/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:07:51 pm by GP » Logged
northmurena

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2011, 07:07:35 pm »

@ Njesper:

"SAFETY FIRST

This said, you should also think about the same issues with carbon fiber. I don't know if there is a way to actually encase the carbon, so that it cannot splinter when breaking apart. For the same reason, I would think twice about making the bigger outer panels out of carbon, because it could pose a large threat to people around your car (flying carbon pieces), if you crash."

Somebody told me, that if there is a layer of thin fiberglass between the carbon-layer the risk of splinting will be reduced. It should crash than similar to full fiberglass and makes the carbon-part more flexible.

Kai

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2011, 09:13:04 pm »

Looks a beauty.
One disadvantage is that there is no defogging in the screen, and I think it is not possible to put on after market because of mis forming.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:15:55 pm by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
GP
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »

Looks a beauty.
One disadvantage is that there is no defogging in the screen, and I think it is not possible to put on after market because of mis forming.

True about no defogging and definitely not suitable for everyday road cars. When I install it I will fit the louvered side windows that appear earlier in this thread for some ventilation. With my previous flat polycarbonate screen I had to fit a support bracket  in the middle to stop drumming. Fingers crossed now that having the compound curves it may be stiffer and not require this support?

GP
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2011, 09:10:34 pm »

It might have been covered before, but i noticed/wondered how heavy the front bonnet is.

Rear screen made from 6mm bronze tinted Polycarbonate Makrolon Longlife Plus ......

6mm sounds a bit thin and flimsy. Or does the shape makes it more solid? 
At my work there are machines equiped with makrolon lexaan panels. These panels also do crimp/expand quite a lot on temperature changes.  And when there is too much stress concentrated on a point, it crackes. (like  a bolt under stress, or a bolt overtightend)  Also do not use nutlock (loctite) on bolts through lexaan. The nutlock flued gets in the pores and the panel crackes around the hole.

GP
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

It might have been covered before, but i noticed/wondered how heavy the front bonnet is.
Rear screen made from 6mm bronze tinted Polycarbonate Makrolon Longlife Plus ......
6mm sounds a bit thin and flimsy. Or does the shape makes it more solid? 
At my work there are machines equiped with makrolon lexaan panels. These panels also do crimp/expand quite a lot on temperature changes.  And when there is too much stress concentrated on a point, it crackes. (like  a bolt under stress, or a bolt overtightend)  Also do not use nutlock (loctite) on bolts through lexaan. The nutlock flued gets in the pores and the panel crackes around the hole.
The front bonnet has not been weighed yet. I have a spare one, but as it buried at the back of my shed and it has started snowing I think it can wait for now.
6mm is quite flimsy but the compound curve appeared to stiffen it up. All your comments are very valid and I would now like to add that if you dribble stale concentrated petrol residue out of an old motorcycle carb. on it by mistake the plastic etches badly and also cracks,  as if someone has hit it with a hammer.   Ahhhhhhhhhhhg!  Cry
GP
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2011, 09:16:57 pm »

That sucks. Shocked
Redo from start?  Undecided

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
GP
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »

That sucks. Shocked
Redo from start?  Undecided

It definitely does suck. I threw the screen away immediately to get it out of my sight.
The whole project involved 2 x return journeys totaliing 1360kms. The cost of the screen £220 and approximately £150 of fuel.
I will have to start again, but that project has now definitely gone to the back of the wish list.
I will be stronger and MORE CAREFUL from the expereince though!  Grin

GP
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:49:58 pm by GP » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: