| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Wing Mirror Parts.  (Read 20813 times)
Titus

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 11:12:47 pm »

The part we refer to in my original picture is not handed. It maybe that other parts it is attached to are, but as they are not the parts that break we should be ok.

It is Greig who is attempting to make the part, not me, so I will pass all interest on to him.

If anyone is in contact with the other Matra clubs, could they please enquire if there is any interest. Thanks.

1.6 Murena
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 11:05:03 pm »

I've had the time old served problem of a broken wing mirror. This time it was my fault by carelessly reversing into the garage and catching the casing, thus breaking the alloy mount and brass centre pin. As we know, the alloy is impossible to repair.

There is a South African company which can supply this part for £106.00 But it is not currently available and this is also very costly.

Correction.  It is not that one part that is £106 but the whole mechanism assembly (the same as I sold you Titus).  Check out their website.

For general information the only parts of the door mirrors that are handed left or right are the headshell and glass and the mounting.  The mechanism can be fitted either side.

Roy

Titus

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 08:17:48 pm »

When I looked at the list of parts on the SA web site I could not see the individual cast part listed that I refer to so I sent them the same photo of the parts as I posted here and they replied saying I needed to order the whole assembly, as you suggest Roy.  The brass pin is listed separately however. So to get the part required it seems you must order the whole asembly @ £106.  That being said it was not available at the time.

Thanks for letting me have your last spare Roy. A precious item much coveted Smiley

1.6 Murena
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 05:18:21 pm »

When I looked at the list of parts on the SA web site I could not see the individual cast part listed that I refer to so I sent them the same photo of the parts as I posted here and they replied saying I needed to order the whole assembly, as you suggest Roy.  The brass pin is listed separately however. So to get the part required it seems you must order the whole asembly @ £106.  That being said it was not available at the time.

(For general information)
No, and it is unlikely ever to be stocked.  Since it is so expensive and the main part is hand made, they will only make them to order.  So if you want one from their website you must place an order.  As it was not obvious from their website I have clarified this with Felix, and he has confirmed that anything not in stock can still be had but you must place an order.

Roy

Titus

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »

Greig has now published his successful efforts in the lastest MEC UK magazine.

For those of you who haven't seen it there, he is able to supply the original cast piece now in solid aluminium with the pin in brass. Total cost £50. To do this he needs pre-orders of 20 items with a deposit for each order of £20. A very reasonable offer I think. Without the 20 deposits it won't be a goer. He states that the deposit will be refunded if he doesn't get enough orders or if you cancel before the production begins. I'm taking 2 and looking here, others make up possibly 6 orders.

Contact Greig Dalgliesh at greig.dal@tiscali.co.uk

Great work Greig.

1.6 Murena
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »

Very nice job.
I posted this on the Belgium forum.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
phil75

Matra Passion Member

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 01:29:07 pm »

I posted this information on the forum Matra Passion

- Philippe -
Matra Murena 2.2 1983 engine 20000 km
Yamaha R1 2004  9000 km (engine)
VW Golf II 1.8 1990 209000 km
Rover 111 1994 155000 km
GP
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:45:56 am »

Deposit for 2 posted yesterday.