| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: heater console on dash  (Read 4587 times)
bernieallan

« on: December 26, 2009, 01:51:54 pm »

i have a 2.2 Espace RXE DT 2003

i had a problem recently with the air con and heater fans not operating and the console control unit on the dash was not working correctly, the directional buttons were on it working but the slider control and the heater button were dead, although the rear heated elements on the back door was working. i simply purchased a secondhand but working console for £30,  renault wanted an astonishing £360 for the same unit new..this when fitted worked fine..until we had some really cold weather and then the heater and air con including the rear heated element has packed up, there are three red led lights left flashing on the console and the rest of it is dead..im pretty sure the fans themselves are fine but i fell its more an electrical fault..renault dealer wants £94 per hour just to trace the fault and they say they will need it in for a day, 8 hours!!! which is ridiculous just to trace the fault..its very expensive.... so help guys
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:45:37 am »

Hi Bernie

Since your car is a 2003, it's not really covered by this forum - which only caters for the Matra built Espace's from 1984 to 2002. While I think there are similarities between your car and the last Matra built ones regarding electronics, there's also a lot of differences. I suggest you find a Renault forum somewhere to post your question.

Best wishes and good luck fixing your problem,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
renaultbiler

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:12:11 am »

Assuming it is infact a Espace III you have there.... (RXE DT)

Sounds like you simply need to recalibrate the system flaps, here is how:

(Digital panel, assuming you have that - see attached image for buttons ref)

- Ignition OFF
- Press buttons 1 and 9 for 3 seconds, switch ignition ON
- Indicator on button 12 will blink (system is calibrating)
- Indicator on button  7 will be lit and temperature is set on 22 *c (calibration is complete)
- If blinking indicators on button 3, 9 and 10 the calibration have failed, try again - or there is a system fault.

UPDATE: adding procedure for manual AC control panel aswell:

- Ignition OFF
- Turn the temp adj wheel fully left (Cold)
- Put fan speed lever fully left (Zero speed)
- Press buttons E and J (at the same time) - switch ignition ON
- Indicator K will blink, release buttons E and J - system is calibrating..
- When completed indicator K and 'I' will be permanently lit
- If incomplete or system fault the indicators C, J og I will light up, try again.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:20:57 pm by renaultbiler » Logged

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: