| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Noise from front shock absorber upper mounting Solved  (Read 49343 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 12:20:10 pm »

Anders, That's a good link.  Less than halft the price compared to the price I payed.

A good link to save for the future :-)

Best Regards
Bo
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 01:19:47 pm »

I found them through the http://www.daparto.de/ portal. I think that's an even better link to save Smiley
I've ordered new rubbers, new springs and the set of bearings and has paid less than 300€ - SKF and LESJÖFORS parts, so I don't think I'll have to worry about the quality. I already have a set of lower wishbones too, and front shocks were replaced with new originals from Renault/Monroe last year - so I expect to get a perfect front end after this has been done Cheesy

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
jack daniels

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:57:48 pm »

there seems to be several brands available. It's a bit difficult to gauge the quality by looking at a picture on a PC screen, but one brand looked like the ball bearings were visable. The SKF bearings are very well sealed at least.
They could all be the same parts with different brand names on the packaging anyway.

Espace, Grand (magnifique, formidable, grandiose, considérable, noble, ample) III  
2002   JE02   F4R  DP0   2.0L 16v auto
e.space.3

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 02:43:08 pm »

Hello

Glad people here, solved their problems with suspension.

I have the same problem, now.    Tongue

Do you think the reparation kit from "Sachs" will match the quality from "SKF" ?
Do you think is a good choice ?
It is little cheaper than "SKF" kit posted by Anders. 20-25 EURO but the dealer have it now.

Thank you

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
jack daniels

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 04:57:34 pm »

I have never seen the sachs parts but I think the quality will be the same. It is likely they are made in the same assembly line anyway. I installed SKF only because it was available quickest, and the price was right.
the ball bearings themselves will be ok, It's the races that rust away. If you are re-installing used shock absorbers then they will probably need replacing before the bearings do anyway.

Espace, Grand (magnifique, formidable, grandiose, considérable, noble, ample) III  
e.space.3

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 11:23:47 pm »

I was at my mechanic garage, replaced both pairs, the flanges and the bearings. It was a mixture: SKF bearings and flanges from Sachs.
140 EURO/1043DKK/120GBP/
CHINA Huh

This:

was a pain in the a$$ to unscrew due to bad design of screw (little allen vs giant force needed because of rust). Anyway my mechanic manage to change the parts and put everything in place.
After almost 12 years I found original parts from  Matra. Very damaged and rusted bearings.

Honestly after 2 days of driving with new parts installed, I have the same noise in the front/right side of the vehicle, when I pass over a series of bumps in the road. 

Sad

Weird.

one side

the other side

There are no marks on them !?!?!?!?! CHINA ?

The word Matra was erased after casting.

12 years old !!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:00:46 am by e.space.3 » Logged

1999 JE0N F4R A 700 RXE
jack daniels

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »

140 euro for the work is cheap.
you are right about that difficult thread. I use a die on the end to clean up such threads or just cut it off with a saw.

The sachs top flanges look to be the same as the SKF ones I bought. The SKF kit was labelled "made in france".
I guess they are the same parts in different packaging.

the noise that you still have; is it a bearing noise? or more of a clunk?
I guess the bearings are in the right way up. The flattest side ( top photo ) upwards.
The nut on the top of the shock absorber piston needs to be all the way home, 60Nm according to the manual.
Any gap there will cause clunking sounds.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: