| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena 2.2 for sale - will be at Technoclassica Essen (Germany)  (Read 17687 times)
zac

« on: March 19, 2010, 05:39:28 pm »

I am selling my 1983 Murena 2.2

The engine has been rebuilt with a fast road cam and twin dellortos and puts out approx 150 BHP.

The car is in generally good condition but has a few areas which need improvement - the black paint below the windscreen had peeled, there is a stain from a petrol leak from the petrol cap, the gear lever surround could do with replacing. If I haven't already done it the wiper arms could do with cleaning up and repainting.

I spend lots of money on the car a couple of years ago (Roy Gillard did a fantastic job of sorting out lots of things the local garages hadn't got right), I just haven't used the car enough to warrant  keeping it.

I will be driving the car over to Essen for the classic car show there just after Easter.

Can someone give me an idea of how much I should ask for the car? Hopefully with the exchange rate as it is I will get more for it in Europe than I would in the UK and someone will get a good car. The MOT (UK road safety test) runs out in October.

The wheels are currently off being refurbished hence the lack of wheels in the photo, hopefully it will have wheels when sold!

Zac

Photos:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:43:57 pm by zac » Logged
zac

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:06:13 pm »

I've just heard from the organisers at Essen that they haven't got room for the car after all, although I may get a cancellation.

As the tunnel and hotels are booked I will still be bringing the car over, although may speak to Carjoy about selling it on my behalf.

I am looking for 5,500 euros or near offers for the car, less a bit if I don't manage to get the wheels refurbished in time.

If anyone is interested in it please contact me asap. This is a very quick well sorted car.

Zac  

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 09:00:51 pm »

That is a very fair price for an excellent car. I hope it finds a good home soon!

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
zac

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:43:20 pm »

Thanks to the local garage that skimmed the old disks the car now has new rear disks - and the abs feel while breaking has gone away.  Smiley

Roy Gillard came down on Tuesday and fitted the disks and did various other jobs on the car, so someone really will be getting a good car.
I will be calling in at Carjoy on the way to get new wheels fitted. I just wish Roy lived a bit closer to Bristol!

The organisers at Essen contacted me on Saturday to let me know they didn't have space for me after all, I'm not sure if I will have the car parked nearby or just leave it in the hotel (from memory a 20 minute walk from the show).

I will be one of the helpers on the Jensen Owners Club stand in hall 3 so can be contacted there or on my mobile +44 7917 860 130.
I'm not sure if the hotel has wifi so I may not be able to answer emails after I leave on Monday.

Zac
simonmenz

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »

Thanks for offering this car here. But i fear the the transport will be too costly from germany to the isle.
But the price is still fair...
Smiley

zac

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:56 am »

The car is at the show, if anyone is interested I can be contacted on +44 7917 860 130 or see me on the Jensen Owners Club stand (125) in Hall 3. I'm on the reserve list for the car sales at the show but have been leaving it in the show car park.

The car is running a bit rich but has got here OK. Luckily carjoy had understood what I wanted and the car now has nice shiney new wheels.

I'm really enjoying driving it, I'm almost hoping I don't sell it and have to try again at the Simca Matra Tablot meet in the Ardennes.....

Simonmenz - where are you, I may be able to get one of the Jensen guys here from Denmark to drop it off on his way back if you are in Scandinavia  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: