| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hodec Bagheera for sale  (Read 10886 times)
Nick Gillott

« on: March 25, 2010, 12:27:11 pm »

Unfortunately for sale...

This is a car that Andy knows well, helped the MEC garner trophies from Bromley Pageant of Motoring in 2006 and was paying Roy's mortgage for a while at the end of last year. Loads of work done, not started in 4 months due to lack of free time and ready to use. Full tax and MOT to November 2010 and available to view in Bucks UK.

Details at: http://nickgillott.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-bagheera.html
Pictures at: http://www.gillott.co.uk/matra

Sad to sell but I just don't use it.

Nick
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 03:01:22 am »

Ni Nick

Price? and more pic?

best regards
Jacob
Nick Gillott

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:24:55 pm »

£3,500 but open to offers. More pics can be taken - anything in particular you'd like?
Nick Gillott

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:30:33 pm »

£3,500 but open to offers. More pics can be taken - anything in particular you'd like?

Price reduced as I have not used the car now for a year. Still garaged, still taxed and MOT'd but I just don't have the time.

If anyone is interested, make me an offer.

Nick
Nick Gillott

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 03:59:33 pm »

Just back from the MOT centre. Passed straight through with no advisories.

Car still for sale, taxed, MOTd and insured. Garaged, low mileage, loads of work done by Roy G earlier this year.

Offers invited.
Nick Gillott

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »

Getting fed up now. I keep advertising the car and people keep telling me that they are going to buy it and will contact me next week - but never do.

Three people have now visited, told me that they love the car and will buy it then call me the next day with their excuses.

Last week's excuse was that he can't afford the price of the car. At £2,000. That he knew. Before he visited.

Another guy has asked if I will reduced my reduced sale price of £2,000 to £700 as he can afford that.

If anyone is interested in a great Bagheera Series 2 RHD, well known to Andy and to Roy, please let me know. When I say "interested" I mean "interested in buying" rather than "interested in wasting my time".

A fed up Matra owner
Nick Gillott

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 10:35:52 am »

Well, it had to happen eventually. The car hasn't sold so it is now on eBay.

I'm gutted that having spent so much money on it, I can't even sell it for £1,500. Especially in current circumstances.

There is a reserve on it which means more advertising cost but if I don't get back the money I gave to Roy last year just on labour, I'll be really fed up.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 01:14:31 pm »

Hi Nick.

I am sorry you are not finding a serious buyer. A car that has been worked on so much by Roy and has passed MOT without advisories, should be attractive to a Matra conneseur. Wish you luck.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:09:05 pm »

The market is very depressed at the moment, the Murena that was for sale had to go on three times and I think it went for about half the original asking price in the end.  I'm surprised an RHD one is proving so difficult though.  If you don't desperately need the money now, why not wait until the weather improves.  People will think more about classic cars in the spring and the market might pick up.
Nick Gillott

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 06:58:26 pm »

Good plan but need to make some space and need some money! If anyone wants to make me an offer before end of auction, please PM me.
Nick Gillott

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 10:57:52 pm »

Up to £750 for a car I paid £3,000 for and a similar sum of money to get sorted.

Ho hum, not good.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: