| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: re new espace  (Read 6050 times)
paul172uk

« on: July 13, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »

hi there im new to espace having come across a mk2 2.1td rt alize it has a few issues but im so intrigued by this vehicle its worth doing. the queries i have are the exhaust is missing the back section theres a silencer in the middle but is it a straight pipe from there out the back or is there another back box after the pipe goes through the crossmember? is the speedo sensor on these in the gearbox? and finally how easy is it to change a rear suspension bush ? cheers for any help
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:26 pm »

Hi Paul

There's a back box indeed. Exhausts are available from several sources, so that shouldn't be any big problem.

What year is it? I don't know where the sensor is fitted, but it could be by the ABS as well.

Rear suspension bushes are probably not that easy, but should be doable with the right tools. I assume you are talking about the bush where the trailing arm is fixed to the chassis?

Good luck
/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
paul172uk

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:39:53 pm »

yeah its a 1993 mk2 rt td alize worth doing up cos its low mileage gd on on fuel mot till next january and i have 3 kids lots of dogs and probably the most practical motor ive ever owned
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:51:51 am »

Sounds like the perfect car for you and your kids and dogs!

That year, the speedo cable pickup is on the side of the gearbox. It's easy to see if you're under the car.

Consider buying the Haynes manual on the car, it also describes the procedure of removing the rear axle assembly:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=13111&langId=-1

Cheers,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Elmo the Espace

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:26:38 pm »

Hi paul172uk ,
The speedo cable runs from the passenger side of the gearbox up over the rack behind the engine then through the bulkhead and into the back of the speedo.
I cant remember if the diesel has a 3 pin speed sensor at the speedo end.

The rear axle mounts are not to bad to change, i usualy jack the rear end up support chassis with blocks or axle stands.Leave the axle suspended. Do one side at a time remove the damper bottom bolt then the main arm bolt be carefull how much stress you put on the brake cables and pipes.
The arm will move back and down with enough space to extract the bush. remember the bush must be fitted with the bolt hole offset.
The Tank side is more difficult to do  as it is close it is to the mount.
I made up a tool to wind the new bush in place, you will have to cut the old bush out hack saw blade with a handle but be careful not to cut in the arm.
last time it took me about 2 hours after making the tool.
Get the bushes from GSF which are FEBI ones. If you look on the Bilsten Febi web site you can get the correct part number half the price from Renault.
Hope this Helps
I agree with anders a Haynes manual is helpful but after a few months of owning a old Espace you will have a greater knowledge than any thing printed in the manual.

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
Transit 140 bhp limited SWB 2009
paul172uk

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:28 pm »

cheers guys some brill info there cant wait to get stuck in its gonna cost a few quid do up but the engine is in a1 condition all it needs is a few lil jobs and a bit of paint and it will be a lovely motor again im thinking maybe even go for a brighter colour its dark mettallic green at moment missus thinks it will look nice day glow yellow lol
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: