| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace 2000 rear window switches  (Read 7516 times)
dragonzuiko

« on: August 17, 2010, 02:10:11 pm »

Another problem on my Espace is my Electric rear window switches have stopped working.i can operate both rear windows from the drivers door switches, but not the switches on my rear doors. i replaced the window cut out switch on the drivers door but still not working ?

are there any relays i can try or is it controlled from the b2 ?
renaultbiler

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 03:15:53 pm »

The wiring for these passes through the drivers door so i would check the door connector for contact issues.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
dragonzuiko

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:41:07 pm »

I did check the door harness for broken wires,but found none,will check again though.it does stop the kids playing with the windows, but would be nice to have the switches working.i did have a rear door locking motor play up a while ago and that was a broken wire in the door harness.  

Do you know of any wiring diagrams for my car ? so i know which colour does what ?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:13:28 am »

I did check the door harness for broken wires,but found none,will check again though.it does stop the kids playing with the windows, but would be nice to have the switches working.i did have a rear door locking motor play up a while ago and that was a broken wire in the door harness.

If you check again what Renaultbiler said, he said check the door connector, not the wiring for breaks.  The door connector is a multi-pin block on the loom where it is joined to the loom in the car.  You need to open the door fully, then remove the door connector which has a plastic lock that releases it, then look for corroded or poor connections. Be careful not to force it or break the locking mechanism otherwise you will not be able to put it back together properly to keep good contact or stop water getting in.

Do you know of any wiring diagrams for my car ? so i know which colour does what ?

Wiring diagrams are in a thick book (Manual section 8 ) or on CD's as they are so complex that is what is needed.  To work on these vehicles that is what you need I'm afraid.

Roy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:17:10 am by roy4matra » Logged

dragonzuiko

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:02:30 pm »

Yes i checked the connectors on all the doors they look clean,checked the wires all ok.

the two rear door switches must meet up somewhere for them both not to be working.i notice on the diagram for the b2 the is a connection for the two rear doors, prehaps the fault is there.

I cant find any relay for the windows, i take it the b2 has took over from the relay ?
dragonzuiko

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 04:45:46 pm »

Finally sorted the rear window switches, i started from the drivers door cut out switch with my meter.i tested the wires until i got one dead feed.

It was a break in the wire on the drivers door harness,it broke right on the top of the connector inside the black block.first look it still looked connected, but when i moved the wire it was clearly broken  Smiley 
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:51:29 pm »

Congrats on your fix!  Cheesy
It sounds like the problem I had last year:

As you can see, the wire was not broken itself, but the connector tab.

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
dragonzuiko

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 07:50:17 pm »

Congrats on your fix!  Cheesy
It sounds like the problem I had last year:

As you can see, the wire was not broken itself, but the connector tab.

/Anders

Cheers , yes the same problem,mine broke right at the top.i manage a quick fix to make it work, but next time i visit a scrapper i will get myself a block just for the connectors.at least i know what this problem is, these renaults are here to test us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: