| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Part names  (Read 8544 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« on: August 18, 2010, 10:36:15 am »

Hi you Matra fans in the UK.

I often find myself trying to find out what the technical English name is for a part. In this case I am trying to find out the name of the flexible rubber tube with the door wireing harness. I mean the one from the door to the frame where all door cables pass through. I do not even know what the propper Danish name would be, so I cannot look it up.

The reason for the question is that I am trying to search the net for possible replacements, as mine are completely shot. I think someone said a Land Rover part would fit, but what is it called?

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Murena IRL

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »

On the second post you will see them here - They are on the Alternative Parts post also.

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,817.15.html

as for a name, not sure!
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:32:53 am »

On the second post you will see them here - They are on the Alternative Parts post also.

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,817.15.html

as for a name, not sure!

I recall the post now.

Oetker, - can you tell me what the seller called the part on eBay???

/Jon

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:03:39 pm »

Even we native English speakers often don't know what the correct name is.  If I was going into my local parts department, I would ask for something like "The flexible conduit that carries the wiring between the door and the pillar."  Then probably spend some time with the pimply faced youth behind the counter looking at the drawings before finally pointing to the one I want.  All of which is little help if you're trying to find it on the internet. Sad
JV

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »

I found the type that Herman (Oetker) has made in his Murena also on Ebay (with his help) where they were mentioned as:
"Range Rover Classic SE 93 Pair of Front Door Tubes".
And I also have replaced the poor rests of the old ones in my Murena by these Range Rover front door tubes.
I think I paid about 5-10 pounds, much cheaper than the original ones.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:11:30 pm by JV » Logged

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 02:27:53 pm »

In my search for this I used names as door wiring loom rubber/tubes.
Think it is the correct name.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 08:58:00 am »

Hi you Matra fans in the UK.

I often find myself trying to find out what the technical English name is for a part. In this case I am trying to find out the name of the flexible rubber tube with the door wireing harness. I mean the one from the door to the frame where all door cables pass through. I do not even know what the propper Danish name would be, so I cannot look it up.

The reason for the question is that I am trying to search the net for possible replacements, as mine are completely shot. I think someone said a Land Rover part would fit, but what is it called?

You have picked a part here Jon which is unusual, because they don't have a specific name (to my knowledge) and often are only available complete with the door wiring loom (as with the Murena, in fact).  Since it comes already mounted on the loom, it is often not listed on its own or have a special name.  However, it would normally be referred to in a garage as the 'door hinge wiring loom grommet'.  It is after all a rubber grommet serving the same purpose as normal grommets its just that these are extended to form a flexible tube between the ends.

Roy

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:26:39 am »

They are sometimes listed om E-bay, but not so easy to find.
Till now I saw about 10 sets passing by wich I posted on some forums.
At the moment nothing listed, but I keep a eye on it.

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35:06 pm »

They are sometimes listed om E-bay, but not so easy to find.
Till now I saw about 10 sets passing by wich I posted on some forums.
At the moment nothing listed, but I keep a eye on it.
I tracked down a parts dealer for Land/Range Rovers in Denmark. They have a replacement rubber grommet which might fit.
I sent them the pictures of the Range Rover part that you (Oetker) bought and they say it is not identical, but should fit as it has the same size.
I have ordered a pair and should have them early this week.
The company can be found at: www.llrparts.dk the part is here:
http://www.lrparts.dk/shop/search-1.html?keyword=gennemf%F8ring
It onlt cost DKK 76,56 incl VAT. ~ 10€ or 8.25£

PS. curious detail about the original grommets. 
I have an extra door where the original grommet is still on the wiring harness. It is also broke, but an interesting detail is, that it is actually twice as long as the visible part. There is a smooth extension that fits inside the frame of the car. I have not had the inside panels off to see what the purpose of that is supposed to be.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:47:21 am by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 07:43:06 pm »

OK, let us know your experiences.
Hope they have the same quality.
The land/Range rover ones are strong.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: