| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Difference between pressure die cast and gravity die cast wheels ?  (Read 9663 times)
Philbert

Familie'en Philbert's Matra

« on: October 31, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »

Roy mentioned in another post that the fins around the wheels were different on the German wheels versus the others.

Does anyone have photos that show this difference?
davidewanprice
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:46:06 pm »

I believe the fins on the German wheels are deeper, I think these wheels were made to a higher spec to meet German law? Sorry no pictures....
Laurens

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:46:55 pm »

The german rims have a deeper gap between the fins and the rim itself. on the rim itself there is also an extra line because of an extra " bend".

I have al types of rims here, i will make different pictures this week.

I have noticed that german rims also come in two versions at least. one with small fins, one with wide fins. the small fins measure about 9,3 mm, and the wide ones 10,7.

I know this because i have normal rims, but needed german rims for my S (more pretty, and original under my s). i already had a good one, and ordered 4. these 4 were different, but both german. now i have ordered another 2 (konrad kiefer is selling al the murena rims on ebay).

pictures will come soon.
Laurens

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:06:22 pm »

Here some photos is already made of the 2 different GERMAN wheels.

The wide fin rim:

The narrow fin rim:

THESE ARE BOTH THE RIMS WITH THE DEEPER FINS (i believe only made for germany). This is a picture of the other type of rim:

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:11 pm »

It is not only the thickness of the fins that is different. On the top photos (the German wheels), you can see that the notch between the fin and the inside of the rim is much deeper, than on the photos at the bottom.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Laurens

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:15:01 pm »

It is not only the thickness of the fins that is different. On the top photos (the German wheels), you can see that the notch between the fin and the inside of the rim is much deeper, than on the photos at the bottom.

i displayed 3 different types of rims!!!

1. German rim with 10,7 mm wide fins
2. German rim with 9,3 mm wide fins
Both of these are german with the deeper notches and the extra line on the rim bed (see photo's). This is an extra "kink" (not one angle of 90 deg, but more like one bend of 3deg and one of 87..... something in this area)

3. Normal type of rim (outside germany). with the 90 degree angle and fins ending very close to this angle)(undeep notch).

(I have 15 rims right now, the german with wide and narrow fins. and normal ones. I don't know if these also excist in different fin sizes).

5 of my rims (German wide fins) will be coated.
the rest will be sold. I believe 7 normal ones, 2 german small fins and 1 german wide fin with a dent in the middle and a dented fin. If people are interested, let me know. also if you need one or two rims. (don't know shipping costs from the netherlands to denmark).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:25:28 pm by MatraMurena.nl » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:47:57 pm »

---
i displayed 3 different types of rims!!!
---

I notice on one photo there is a "Made in France". What does it say on the "German" wheels? Were they still made in France? and are there any other text differences on them?

Matranaut par excellence Cool
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 08:42:08 pm »

Roy mentioned in another post that the fins around the wheels were different on the German wheels versus the others.

Does anyone have photos that show this difference?

The main difference is the depth of this part of the fin to rim:

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 05:51:39 pm »

Wow  Shocked that's really interesting!!! I didn't knew that.

matramurena

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 08:14:59 pm »

Doas anybody know what material the rims are made off? They seem to be a lot heavier then normal alloy wheels.

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Laurens

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 05:13:51 pm »

By the way,

the german rims have the code 6644 on them. The french rims have the code 6625
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: