| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BII Unit removel ? (Solved)  (Read 6591 times)
dragonzuiko

« on: November 02, 2010, 03:26:53 pm »

Well my Espace is now off the road until i get my BII unit repaired.which i am going to take out and send away.

There is a plate across the BII unit, looks like a rivet each side. do i have to drill these out ? or does the carpet have to come up to unbolt the fusebox ?

cheers Peter
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:13:02 pm by dragonzuiko » Logged
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:32:07 pm »

Well my Espace is now off the road until i get my BII unit repaired.which i am going to take out and send away.

There is a plate across the BII unit, looks like a rivet each side. do i have to drill these out?

cheers Peter

Yes.  And these are hardened steel rivets too.  This is all part of the security measures to make it extremely difficult to steal a car.  You will find them also fastening the case around the injection computer.

Roy

dragonzuiko

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:48 pm »

ok thanks, i best get a new drill bit for the job. surely Renault dont have to drill the rivets to remove the module ?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 10:04:08 am »

... surely Renault dont have to drill the rivets to remove the module ?

Yes they would.  It took us nearly 2 hours to get at an injection computer the first time when one came in and we needed to access it, to test for a non-starting problem!  It is no different for anyone.

Roy

dragonzuiko

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 10:05:16 pm »

ok thanks for the info.

dragonzuiko

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 01:52:30 pm »

Wll my bii unit is boxed up and ready to go to bba reman, hope they sort it out, seems a common problem.

Good news is i never had to drill the rivits to get the plate off covering the bii unit. i just had to take the kick trim off and lift up the carpet, then unbolt the top plate off the fuse box. quite easy to do Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: