| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Remote central locking not working, door lock broken (Solved)  (Read 4454 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:42 am »

Hi there.

I have an urgent problem. This morning the door lock was broken. I can rotate the key endless in the lock. The remote control has not been working for years, so I can't access the car.
Any good advice how to break into the car without doing to much damage?

The car is a JE 2.2 dCI from year 2000.

Best Regards
Bo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:51:55 pm by Sommerby » Logged

Best Regards
Bo
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:25 am »

If the remote control is not working due to a dead battery in the key, you could just try to install a new battery in the key.

But I do not know how to open the car without the key or the remote but most car thieves will open a car with a wire with a hook at the end which they insert between the window glass and the rubber sealing on the driver’s door, but you need to know where to cats the locking mechanism. This method is also used by car rescue companies (Falck in Denmark)

Good luck!

Hans
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:56 pm »

I managed to unlock the door when the temperature was geting above zero and the ice in the locking system was melted.  Even the key can turn endless I managed to unlock the door by keeping pressure on the key in different directions while turning the key.   
If this had not happend I would have tried to insert a long iron bar in one of the rear side doors windowframes and from there trying to hit the unlock button on the roof center panel.

Best Regards
Bo

Best Regards
Bo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: