| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Refabrication of the plastic covers for the rear window hinges  (Read 7322 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: January 13, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »

I just received an e-mail that the Club Matra Passion is remaking replacements for the plastic covers for the rear window hinges. It's advertised on www.matra-passion.com and it seems the price for a pair is about 48€. Not bad, IMO. Order is placed on January 31st.

So here's a link to the thread on the forum (I think you need to register to see it) for those who are interested:

http://www.matra-passion.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7079

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
JV

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:09 pm »

48 euro postage included, they wrote me.

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
Titus

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »

Thanks for posting this here Anders,

I too had the email but as my French lessons did not extend to 'les caches charnières de hayon arrière' I Google translated it into a sort of meaning. My hinge covers are OK but would like to order a pair as spares.

If anyone in the UK who attends meetings is thinking of placing an order would it be worth placing it as one order? I'm happy to place the order but my French is not the best. If anybody else would like to order I would pay up front, otherwise I'll order and hope for the best.

1.6 Murena
murramor

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:17:42 am »

I would like a pair but speak no French at all and I live in Sydney.   If anybody was prepared to buy a pair on my behalf I would of course repay all expenses and be eternally grateful.

regards

Ron

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
klumzer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:13:31 pm »

Is it easy to remove these covers? Or if I try, I will break them...
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 07:51:17 pm »

The hinge covers are also available from simon-auto.de as Zierkappe Scharnier Murena, cover cap, or in French
cache charnière de hayon arrière,  at a price at 19.99 Euro each. Product number 20020.
http://www.simon-auto-shop.com/shop/cgi-bin/shop.dll?AnbieterID=16&bnr=20026&Hauptseite=detail.htm

You can correspond with Simon in English and I believe that they ship worldwide.

klumzer

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:08:35 pm »

Thanks for the info.
But I do not want to buy, unless I break them during removal. I just wanted to know where to start removal to avoid cracks. I think they are clicked and not glued.

I found some rust on the hinges what needs some action.
klumzer

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:54:01 pm »

Since I have not got any suggestion how to remove the covers, I tried it.

Push the cover forward, in the driving direction, in line with the glass. And pray to prevent cracks. Smiley After 5-6mm movement you can lift it. Hopefully it can help, if anyone wants to remove it.

The iron parts underneath the covers are very rusty. I do not understand why Matra did not applied better corrosion protection on small parts, because the chassis is amazing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: