| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Charlie Owler  (Read 9790 times)
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« on: January 27, 2011, 10:16:15 pm »

Not strictly a Bagheera topic but Charlie ("Charmian Owler") was a lifelong Bagheera enthusiast. She saw her first Bagheera while we were spectating on the 1977 Lombard RAC Round Britain Rally in Grizedale Forest.

She died last Sunday 23rd January 2011 after a long struggle with liver disease.

We fell in love with the Bagheera and within 7 days we had ordered our first one. We still have it today and it will be in the cavalcade of her cars at her funeral on Valentine's day in Leatherhead Surrey.

It was her Mum that coined the phrase "Dear Baggy..." as she looked at Baggy Grey sitting outside our modest house in Molesey Surrey. He is still our favourite although don't let Baggy Joe hear you. Baggy Grey will be driven in the cavalcade by my daughter Janine,  Baggy Joe by our Alpine Renault friend Tony Gomis, her R4 by my son Phil - also a Bagheera owner and the Fiat 126 by her sister Jennie - owner of our Baggy Rouge for some years. Anyone else who is able to join us on that day is most welcome.  Send me a message and I will send you the details.

I have changed my image to let Charlie share the forum with me for a while. This was at Prescott in May 2010. She came to all the Baggy Joe events and took great interest in his achievements however modest. Her last gift to me was my new 2011 MSA Competition Licence.

Sadly,

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
JL

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 02:52:53 pm »

Please accept my most sincere condolences, a very sad time for you and your family

Best regards
John
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:30:28 pm »

Dear Andy

You have lost your partner. But the Matra community has also lost a unique enthusiast. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Charlie, but her precense has always been sensed by us who communicated with you directly and here on the forum. Please accept my condolences. Charlie will be missed!

Best wishes,
Anders
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:41:23 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
GP
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »

Dear Andy,

My deepest condolences to you and your family at this very sad time.

My thoughts are with you,

Graham
Titus

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »

Dear Andy,

Could I also send my sincere condolences. I was lucky enough to meet Charlie at Prescott last year. She was a lovely Lady.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Titus.

1.6 Murena
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 09:20:19 pm »

Andy,
so sorry to hear that.
I remember Charlie from the French Car Show at Rockingham. cutting a dash on her electric mobility scooter. I hope it was french!

You have my every sympathy at this difficult time.

Antony

andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »

Thank you for all your kind words. They do make a difference!

Baggy Joe now has the basic steel adaptor box to join the Wade Blower to the Bagheera inet manifold. It looks feasible although it needs a lot more work.

Tomorrow I must reassemble the Shorrock system for the cavalcade on Monday. How do I teach an R8-Gordini  & Alpine-Renault expert how to handle a supercharged sports car with the engine in the right place? At funeral speeds it should not be too hard!

Charlie will be watching (I hope!)

Thanks again.

Andy

Back in business for fun!
Fred

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 01:04:53 am »

I know I've never met yourself or your family but I was very moved to be reading this, Andy.  You're a good person and this always shines through in your posts here.  Stay strong.   

My deepest condolences and best wishes,

Fred

1978 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1979 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1994 Saab 9000 Aero
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: