| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Loosing power (Not EGR valve)  (Read 4542 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« on: April 30, 2011, 01:11:14 am »

Dear All.

The last couple of days I have had a few incidents where the engine are loosing almost all the power on my JE 2.2DCI. It's not the EGR valve since I have cleaned that one and disconnected it for several years ago.  The problem occours suddenly when driving and disappears again after some time and then the car runs perfect again (until next time).  When it happens I can give full trothle but the engine has only power just to keep the speed at approc 40 km/H . There are no smoke from the exhaust when it happens, so I'm guessing that it may be lack of fuel which are causing the problem.  One time out of 5 I got the Injection system warning sign.  I have had problems before where the engine was running on emergency power and this is not the same feeling in this case.  I believe that the powers is only 50% of the power I had on the emergency power and when pushing the throttle, the power output can sometimes goes up and down, even when the throttle is in a fixed position.

I believe that it could be the air flow meassurement, so I have now disconnected it and are waiting to see if the problem occurs again.

Any good ideas of what can be the problem?  We are soon going on a 4000 km holiday trip to Italy and I pray for the car not to cause any problems.  The last two holidays I have had major problems with the car. 1. trip a broken hight pressure pump and 2. trip a bad injector .

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:17:50 am by Sommerby » Logged

Best Regards
Bo
colin4255

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:55:22 pm »

I am not sure about the Air mass meter being the cause, but I did have some issues with My espace running badly, Renault replaced 3 air mass meters under warranty, and then Renaultbillier on this forum told me it was likely my intercooler weas blocked or damaged in some way.  It turned out he was right. New intercooler solved all the poor running issues once the air mass meter could work properly again.

In you case, I would however suspect its an issue with fuel not getting through. Does the vehicle cut out or anything like that when you see the fault and press the acceleerator all the way down?
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:05:24 pm »

I am not sure about the Air mass meter being the cause, but I did have some issues with My espace running badly, Renault replaced 3 air mass meters under warranty, and then Renaultbillier on this forum told me it was likely my intercooler weas blocked or damaged in some way.  It turned out he was right. New intercooler solved all the poor running issues once the air mass meter could work properly again.

In you case, I would however suspect its an issue with fuel not getting through. Does the vehicle cut out or anything like that when you see the fault and press the acceleerator all the way down?

Hi Colin.

No I have no cut out. As you said it seems to be lack of fuel.  Since I disconnected the iar flow meter there has been no problems so hopefully it stays like that :-)  (The car runs perfect without the air flow meter and i do not see any change in fuel consumption so I will just continiue like this.

Best Regards
Bo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: