| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: rear bumper  (Read 19655 times)
klumzer

« on: September 08, 2011, 06:05:46 pm »

The two holes on the rear bumper are meshed on my car.
It is not original, isn't it?

davidewanprice
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »

No but looking at the picture someone's made a good job of it, did they do the front too?
klumzer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »

No, they did not. But there are a lot of cracks on the front bumper instead of it...   Sad

The rear bumper looks quite good, but others... all repairs are awful...
The car has a devil exhaust. On the right side a small piece was removed and it is not so nice job.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:05 am »

No not original, but looking at the holes above the exhaust is also no nice view.

I modified my rear bumper to.

Looks a lot better, but that is ofcourse personal taste.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:15:41 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:35:40 pm »

All of you, who modify the rear bumper by installing grills in the two openings, should be aware that the openings are at a point where the vacuum behind the car is greatest.

I believe they suck hot air from the top of the engine compartment and out the back. Grills will restrict this airflow and possibly lead to a hotter engine compartment and poorer cooling of the engine. Sad

They do look nice, though.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:38:29 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 03:59:49 pm »

I was aware of that but so far no cooling problems.
I have the Ferrarie hood with 2 extra airducts tjhat give some extra.
Also I have a expansion bottle that holds 1 litre less coolant.
It all works without problems.
Coolant stays always below 95 degree C.

northmurena

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 04:16:02 pm »

Yes Jon, you are right. The engine-bay, the glasfibre-panel at the bottom-side and the outlet in the rear-bumper are created to build a vacuum and pull the hot air out. There is a drawing from Matra existing where it was described. But that was made for high-speed driving and does not work ( and cannnot) by lower speed. The speed of the air flowing at the bottom is needed to create the vacuum. But since we have a speed-limit in the almost countries and our cars are close to be an oldtimer, i don´t think that so many people anymore driving with top-speed ( or close to ).

~Kai
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 06:48:02 pm »

Yes Jon, you are right. The engine-bay, the glasfibre-panel at the bottom-side and the outlet in the rear-bumper are created to build a vacuum and pull the hot air out. There is a drawing from Matra existing where it was described. But that was made for high-speed driving and does not work ( and cannnot) by lower speed. The speed of the air flowing at the bottom is needed to create the vacuum. But since we have a speed-limit in the almost countries and our cars are close to be an oldtimer, i don´t think that so many people anymore driving with top-speed ( or close to ).

~Kai

Grin Last weekend - 220 km in 1,5 hours... top speed (GPS) 221 km/h at 5600 rews (thanks to longer 5th gear). Who cares about speed limits?  Wink

klumzer

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »

I think the black spotted grills look much better than mines.
Today I removed them. The adhesive was quite weak... fortunately.

I would like to restore my car almost to the original condition. But the fuel pump will be modified... Smiley and the colour also. It was corall, the ugliest original colour... (sorry if someone likes it)
Now it is white and I like it.

Another question. The end of the rubber lines beside the rear window are fixed by screws (above the tail lights). Is it original? You can see it in Oetker's photo.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:01:04 pm »

I don't have a clear pic, but as far as I know the T-strip was cutted  to straight end and folded at the edge,.
The screw was behind cover.

You can find this picture at the instruction booklet around page 30
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:04:06 pm by Oetker » Logged

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:05 pm »

Another question. The end of the rubber lines beside the rear window are fixed by screws (above the tail lights). Is it original? You can see it in Oetker's photo.

I have it also fixed by small screws, it seems to be original. Don't forget, that some production dates are different in details, often just like this  Wink

northmurena

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 11:46:07 pm »

Yes, the little screw at the end of the rubber-strip is an original detail.

@ michaltalbot: i had you in my mind, when i wrote that the most Murena-driver won´t drive fast any,more. At first i thought to write between the lines "except michaltalbot", but deleted it before posting, changed it to "not so many people"  and said to myself, i will look in the evening about your comment. ;-) And... it came.....

:-)
JV

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 12:39:07 am »

In 1981 the screw was invisible, in later years it was as you can see in Oetker's photo.
See: http://www.espace-murena.com/technique.html and then click: Particularités

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:56 am »

as stated by JV....direct link.

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 09:18:12 am »

Yes, the little screw at the end of the rubber-strip is an original detail.

@ michaltalbot: i had you in my mind, when i wrote that the most Murena-driver won´t drive fast any,more. At first i thought to write between the lines "except michaltalbot", but deleted it before posting, changed it to "not so many people"  and said to myself, i will look in the evening about your comment. ;-) And... it came.....

:-)

Cheesy

When we all will be castrated and restricted to blindly accept the speed limits everywhere without using our own brains, than we all could be riding Skoda Fabia 1,2 HTP  Cry At some website here in CZ, we can see which parliamentarian voted for which law, when I saw those 60 years old women and men, who haven't riden more than 100tkm through their whole life - how I have to respect their decisions? Every thing have to be decided by specialized people, but here one woman is doing Minister of health, half a year later she is a Minister of army, etc. They are there only for getting money, and are producing bullshits which I'm not going to respect. Czech Republic is full of nonsenses - there are places, where is allowed to overtake, but I will never overtake there because it is in corner. Than on straight place it is forbidden... Police is measuring speed on 4 lines highway on Sunday noon, but not in front of school at the week. They had to decrease a sound pollution on highway - money for sound barriers were lost on their own accounts so what they did - they rescricted the speed limit from 130km/h to 50km/h - do I have to respect this??? Hope that You'll understand me  Wink
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:32:11 am by michaltalbot » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: