| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Powerusage/watt  (Read 4325 times)
RazorbackNOR

« on: November 04, 2011, 11:59:44 am »

In connection with another project I'm working on, I think we all could benefit from a topic concerning what parts on the car uses what amount of power, since this has a lot to do with dimensions on new cables for the parts. All the powerlevels of the lights are allready stated on the electrical diagrams(and they are standard also)

Does anybody know what other parts use on the car? I'm particularly interested in the radiator/cooling fan, since I can't find even a fuse for this to calculate from....

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:13:14 pm »

In connection with another project I'm working on, I think we all could benefit from a topic concerning what parts on the car uses what amount of power, since this has a lot to do with dimensions on new cables for the parts. All the powerlevels of the lights are allready stated on the electrical diagrams(and they are standard also)

Does anybody know what other parts use on the car? I'm particularly interested in the radiator/cooling fan, since I can't find even a fuse for this to calculate from....

If you go to the vault here: http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Murena/vault/

There are copies of the manual's info on fuses in the Murena.

One thing that is a problem in the Murena, is that many wires are under-dimentioned for the power required to be drawn. On top of that, the insulation is not oxygen tight, resulting in the wires being corroded inside the insulation.

One of my planned projects is replacement of all wires and connectors, but when am I going to have the time for that. Sad

Matranaut par excellence Cool
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:49:06 pm »

I have that one too Jon, and as you can see, it doesn't provide much more info... No wonder these cars have serious electrical issues, inadequate wiring, bad wires, one fuse for a lot of different components all bundled together... Add to that the galvanizing problems on the earthing point...

It's a wonder our little babies are still running....

So again, any known power usages is greatly appreciated.

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: