| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1.6 Water Pump  (Read 5766 times)
murramor

« on: November 15, 2011, 09:45:43 pm »

I have been looking on eBay for a water pump for my 1982 registered 1.6.  I have seen a number of pumps advertised but they always say 'up to 1981' as in the following item number 300616325079 .

Is there something very different about the pump after 1981? My car could have been manufactured in 1981 anyway but I can't find the date of manufacture from the documents in my possession and the car is in storage some distance away so I can't check for a manufacturing date.

regards
Ron Murrell
Sydney

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
klumzer

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:05:25 pm »

Check this item number: 330539582185

But if there is no difference between the two pumps you could buy the cheaper one. Hopefully someone will answer your question. I have a 2.2 so I can not unfortunatelly.

murramor

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:34:11 am »

When I put the two pictures side by side and flick between them they appear to be identical.  The potentially 'wrong' one is so much cheaper and the postage to Australia is very reasonable.  I hope someone can help explain the difference because my car could easily be on one side or other of the cutoff as it possibly doesn't even have the original engine in it. 
regards
Ron Murrell
Sydney

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 11:41:08 am »

In my parts list, there is only one pump listed covering all years.  The only difference between the pre- and post-1981 cars is that the latter has a shorter drive belt, although Roy's website says the earlier one is shorter.  I don't know which is correct.  When I bought a new pump for my rebuilt engine, I just bought the cheapest and it's been fine.  It's a second-hand engine, so I didn't know the year anyway.  I have several used 1.6 pumps and they all look the same.
murramor

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »

Thanks Pete.  I have bought the cheaper one with the reasonable postage.
regards
Ron

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: