| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace Headlamp Upgrade & Heater Blower problems  (Read 4413 times)
jag

« on: June 18, 2012, 05:43:02 pm »

Hi all can anyone please tell us if it is possible to upgrade the Halogen Headlamps found in a 1999 Grand Espace to Xenons from a 2002 Model ? 
But I also still have a problem with my heater blower, it's stopped working totally now. The lights on the control panel on the switch all work but no hot or cold air being blown at all. I've been meaning to take the dash apart to have a look but  it's been fine until now. Was working before and after the rad replacement but it's decided to stop working again.  I have had a look at where the resistor sits after dismantling the dash, but had to put everything back as I needed my car to go somewhere. So when  I get more time I will dismantle the dash again and have a thorough check.
Does the resisitor just pull out as it look very tight and awkward to get in there due to the incline of the windscreen and getting your hands in there ? Any help most appreciated - Regards Jags

1999  Grand Espace 2.2 dTi RTX
2003  Peugeot 206 1.4 Hdi LX
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:16:04 pm »

I take it no air from either side. From memory it is a single motor that does both sides. Not sure about the resistor. You should get 12volt from somewere & send it direct to the motor to make sure it is working, if not then it is a dash out to replace it.
You can try to do the light upgrade. You will need the hight sensor from the antiroll bar, associated wiring & controler. If you dont fit the controler you may find it fails the mot.
There is a two dvd set of wiring diagrams for renault, they are called 'renault visu'. You could look to download them from rapidshare or other download site. I will see if I can find the relevent diagrams.
renaultbiler

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:31:34 am »

The resistor sits on the fan house left side, you need to take off the left fan cover to take it out. This is a Marelli electronic unit (same part no on ALL JE and Avantime regardless of year and heating automatics) and most lightly the source of your problem. This unit is directly controlled by the drivers side Controller.

Dash-top OFF
Display unit OFF
Split and pull aside the sound insolation sheet
Undo left fan top cover (4 x phillips screws or whatever)
Take out the Marelli regulator unit

Also check connector to make sure its not been bad connection and heat, not a common issue but it have occurred.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: