| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.2 DCI engine experiences  (Read 4273 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« on: January 11, 2013, 07:35:11 pm »

Hi there.

My Grand Espace JE 2.2 DCI has now more than 270.000 km on the clock. It's still going strong, but starts to sound a  bit "used"  when I coldstart the engine under very cold conditions. After a few minutes drive the engine sounds normal again so nothing alarming so far :-)

Since I'm planning to keep the car for a long time, I'm would like to know what kind of experiences you guys have with the 2.2 DCI engine?

How long have your engine lasted?

What kind of engine overhaul have you done on "the other side of the 300.000 km"?

Best Regards
Bo
nairn man

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »

pull pin, chuck in and slam the door then run like feck, ive had nothing but grieve
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »

pull pin, chuck in and slam the door then run like feck, ive had nothing but grieve

Sorry to hear that. There must be many and serious problems behind such a reply.

I have now been driving more than 200.000 km and I have had my share of problems. (Injectors, high pressure fuel pump, low pressure fuel pump, clutch, EGR valve, Timing sensor, snapped timing belt)  but the engine itself still seems to be OK and have an output on 167 HP and a torque on 389 nm.

Best Regards
Bo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: