| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace JEO 2001 removing panel from the trunk door  (Read 5241 times)
2cv

« on: March 27, 2013, 07:58:42 pm »

Hi
I have had some difficulties with opening the trunk door on our Espace JEO 2001. In cool weather below zero degrees the handle acts like it is locked (no resistance when operated) once the temperature gets above zero it works normally. I have come to the conclusion that it is probably the servo motor for the central locking that needs some attention.
For gaining access I need to remove trunk door panel. I have managed to loosen 4 torx screws (placed in the corner of the panel and some of the hidden plastic clips/pins but it is not coming loose. It seems like the handle on the inside of the trunk needs to be removed but I can’t see how to remove it (there are no screws as far as I can see). Does anybody who know how to progress from here on?

Lars
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:54:36 am »

Use a screwdriver to prise off the screw covers. They are hidden either side of the handle. Did you find the bolts on top? by the screen there are two plugs to remove, you will need a small socket & extension 8mm I think. I had the same problem, it was the left lock cover was loose & jamming the lock. The handles do get rusty & seize also.
2cv

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:12:57 pm »

Hi Brian

Thanks I had not noticed the hidden bolts behind plastic plugs. I have attached a few photos of the handle because I'm not sure which cover to pries of thanks in advance.

Lars
2cv

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »

Solved the problem found the missing covers on the handle (photo attached). A bit of rust on a glider that is attached locking devise. I gave it some DW40 and covered the thing in grease to prevent the ingress of moist and water.
Lars
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: