| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Complete instrument blackout JE  (Read 5641 times)
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« on: March 23, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »

Hi there.
After a long , nice and errorfree time with my Grandespace DCI 2.2 Year 2001, I got a problem with the instrumentation.
The whole instrumentcluster is blacked out except the xenon autoadjustment indicator light. This error is most frequent when the car is cold so my guess is that its the infamous Motorola controllers in the instrumentcluster and the Bll box which are playing up again. I got those replaced first time in 2010 and it was quite expensive.
Any other bids on possible fixes or any recommedations of workshops who can do this kind of repair?

Best Regards
Bo
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:10:42 pm »

If you have had it repaired before then it maybe corrosion of the chip soldering due to not having been cleaned of the solder flux. If it is just damp in the chip then you can dry it out with a heater or oven bake it then lacqure it. We discussed it here >> http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,2386.0.html. I have one here I have just done  where the das was not displayed, it was the body controler in the left floor fuse box. Take the cover off & fire a heater at it. If you are any good with a soldering iron then you could reflow the solder of the connectors of the chip.
Brian
BrianM

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »

How'd you get on with this?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: