| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: a very happy newbie  (Read 7191 times)
dougie

« on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:26 pm »

hello i thought that i should say hi and say a few words about why i joined this site . i have just recently purchased one of my all time favourite vehicles a Mk 1 Ph 1 Espace TSE . now i know its not what you would call a much sort after vehicle but it really floats my boat . now as you can imagine i will have a need for parts and advice although i am doing ok solo for the moment but can see trouble ahead as i would like to keep this as near to standard as possible . anyway enough of my boring post and hope to chat to folks and make more interesting posts in the future .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:45:43 pm by dougie » Logged
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:49:49 am »

Hi there Doug, welcome aboard. I only have expierence with PH 3 cars but there are others here if you need help.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:01:13 am »

hello i thought that i should say hi and say a few words about why i joined this site . i have just recently purchased one of my all time favourite vehicles a Mk 1 Ph 1 Espace TSE . now i know its not what you would call a much sort after vehicle but it really floats my boat . now as you can imagine i will have a need for parts and advice although i am doing ok solo for the moment but can see trouble ahead as i would like to keep this as near to standard as possible . anyway enough of my boring post and hope to chat to folks and make more interesting posts in the future .

Hello Dougie, welcome.

That looks like a nice example which is rare now for an original.  I hope you are considering joining either the Matra Enthusiasts Club or the Renault Owners club if you are not in one of them already, as you will probably need things in the future and the clubs can be a great help.  For instance the ROC have some of the special tools which you may need to do certain jobs, or they can put you in contact with people when you need a part which is no longer available or too expensive from Renault.

Or in the MEC where I am the technical advisor, I am also an ex-Renault RTE and I have had a number of Espace 1 Phase 2 myself and currently run a Phase 2 Quadra as well as my Murena.

Roy

dougie

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:27:04 pm »

roy i will be joining your site in the near future and i have seen your name and quadra on other sites  Grin and if you ever wish to get shot of your audio wiper stalk let me know as i am after one that is the same as yours
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 02:22:09 am »

roy i will be joining your site in the near future and i have seen your name and quadra on other sites  Grin and if you ever wish to get shot of your audio wiper stalk let me know as i am after one that is the same as yours

You need the complete column cowling and wiring, not just the switch, since the switch would not mount into your column housing.

Roy

renaultsan

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 01:32:47 am »

Nice to see another person with an old one. We run the only Espace in U.S.A., Ours is a 1990 J116 2.0 automatic, the auto makes it even more rare as that could only be ordered when the car was made, it was not a known option. As for parts, a great source is e-bay. We have just bought 2 brand new still in the boxes front flasher lamps, the left one came from our old Renault dealer in Digbeth (no more left at the factory now) and the right hand from Austria via e-bay.
Good luck with yours, ours is an everyday driver and quite happy during our summer when temperatures here in Louisiana easily go over 100f. If you ever get any cooling problems with yours, let me know,. I have the radiator out of a 2.2 Renault 25 automatic (bigger than standard manual Espace but with he same hose positions) and a low temperature fan switch from the Renault 1300 GT Turbo, plus a 15 inch bosch cooling fan (also from another Renault)

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
Renault 25 TXI Multivalve
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
Renault Extra 1.9 Diesel Vans (2)
dougie

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 11:17:55 pm »

You need the complete column cowling and wiring, not just the switch, since the switch would not mount into your column housing.

Roy
  roy i have all the cowling wires and bits already fitted but my switch has bits broken off of the back
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: