| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Airbag Warning Light & the UK MOT  (Read 4196 times)
BrianM

« on: November 02, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »

Later cars have an airbag warning light in the top left of the dash. I have never seen one that lights up. My MOT guy says that as it is there then it should work. If it doesn't then it is recorded as an advisory. I explained to him the warning system that we most see if there is a fault but he says if the light doesn't come on & go off then there is nothing he can do but advise. We don't like to have advisory notes on the cars we sell. Does anyone have one that works or is this an issue I need to take up with Renault & VOSA here in the UK.
WessexElectricNutter

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:15 pm »

Later cars have an airbag warning light in the top left of the dash. I have never seen one that lights up. My MOT guy says that as it is there then it should work. If it doesn't then it is recorded as an advisory. I explained to him the warning system that we most see if there is a fault but he says if the light doesn't come on & go off then there is nothing he can do but advise. We don't like to have advisory notes on the cars we sell. Does anyone have one that works or is this an issue I need to take up with Renault & VOSA here in the UK.

I know I've added something 11 days late, but unless you got a MOT tester thats familiar with the Espace III's, they will probably pass you as the light comes on and goes off. Some don't understand if the espace doesn't come up with OK, then its means there is a problem. In other words, read the manual guys? I think the Espace III is thus unique in that retrospect. By the way, I have a blown airbag that they passed as 'its not testable' but the light is.

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (Automatic) (1996)
Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (manual) was 1.2 (1997) - under repair
Renault Espace III 2.2 DCi Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Renault Espace III 3.0 V6 Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Vauxhall Omega 2.5L V6 Elite (1998) - under repair
BrianM

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 12:08:14 am »

Here is the problem, early espace has no airbag light on the dash, only the indication display ('OK' & clock) Later cars have a warning light as well. But I have never seen one work!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: