| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.2 journal diameters?  (Read 6733 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: February 01, 2015, 08:17:23 am »

I am about to order new main and rod bearings for the  N9te engine at simon but before  I do so I want to make absolutely sure that the Murena and Peugeot cranks are the same size. So does anybody have the standard journal sizes written down somewhere ? 
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 12:15:16 pm »

Not the sizes but the numbers from the parts manual.

As you can see the Peugeot number = 0113.83
That must help.

Maybe interesting.
http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20-guide-to-n9txx-rod-bearings/

Herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
GP

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:23:51 pm »

Page 10 / 11 for the N9TE

http://peugeot505.info//files/manuals/505_n9te_korj_fin.pdf

Q: Or do you want the Murena standard journal size data?
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:52:22 am »

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes GP it is the murena specifications I am looking for. I have the ones for the N9TE, And have have had to have the crank refurbished for 0.2 oversize shells. The reason I am asking for murena specs is that the rods for my N9TE engine is the ones without oil spray holes for under the pistons, so I figured I can use murena bearing shells , which is much easier to come by.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:28:50 am »

Just for the info
In the French parts manual for the Murena there are some notes pointing to the same number as the N9TE. 0113.83
Also a Peugeot number for the 0.50 mm kit.

Herman
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:43:58 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes GP it is the murena specifications I am looking for. I have the ones for the N9TE, And have have had to have the crank refurbished for 0.2 oversize shells. The reason I am asking for murena specs is that the rods for my N9TE engine is the ones without oil spray holes for under the pistons, so I figured I can use murena bearing shells , which is much easier to come by.

Is it wise to use con-rods without piston oil-spray holes?  Turbo engines generate more heat so the idea of the oil spray to the underside of the pistons is to help cool them, as I imagine you understand.  If it was me, I would want all the cooling I could get.  If these were originally fitted to the lowest power spec. turbo, that doesn't always mean the oil cooling wasn't actually necessary; just that the manufacturer didn't have the right spec. at the time!  They then get feedback suggesting they need more cooling, and the next 'improved' version of the engine includes the piston oil spray (via the con-rods).

Roy

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »

The rods I am using are the ones that matches the 505te engine ( I took it apart some years ago) So they have either been swapped for tagora pistons at some point (which I find highly unlikely) or the turbo engines was made both with and without oil spray for the pistons. I would have preferred to have the ones with oil spray of cause, but since I am not planning on running the engine at more than the stock 170-180 hp I figure that It will be ok.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: