| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Espace Mk3 DCi JE0K G9T - wont start :(  (Read 62308 times)
age9000

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:33 pm »

Hi Brian

Ive disconnected the outlet pipe from the turbo, does not seem to be passing any oil
nice and windy though Smiley

Trouble I have taking it out on the road is no MOT now, ran out last month
sods law there would be a copper around if I tried
there is a yard I could try and drive it in , but would not be able to get much speed up

Ive had the car just idle twice for about 2hrs at a time
I did put some stuff in the oil that's meant to stop smoking, so don't know if that
is why not so much smoke now

will try and have another look at her tommorrow
BrianM

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2015, 09:40:13 pm »

Just a thought, sorry if it sounds like i'm teaching you to suck eggs! Just wondering if the rocker cover seal around the injectors is fitted ok. If not then you are going to get oil into the inlet. I have replaced them because they split I fill oil up around the injector. I have not had one that runs into the inlet, obviously this is what goes wrong & with the turbo connected it runs away. The seal/gasket fits into the rocker cover on pegs. Is it poss it got knocked off its pegs during reassembly, as there is not a lot of room when doing it in the car.
age9000

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 11:21:56 am »

hi Guys

sorry not been on for a while

no updates to report as yet, as I just have not got round to looking at the car again
Ive put it on the back burner for now, but will look at it again sometime as I want to fix
even if just as a learning exercise.

Brian, I am as certain as I can be that the gaskets are all in place as I did remove the cover and re-do it
it seemed nice and tight on the pegs.

however, probably due to my illness (bi-polar) I have a tendency to buy things when I should not Sad I have just got
hold of another 2.2dci espace, which also has a problem !

I will start a new thread on how this one goes as will prob look at this one first, another symptom of the illness is that
don't always finish something before moving on

The problem this one has is lack of power

any advise welcome on the new thread which I will do when I have put the clip on it

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: