| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace mk3 wiring routing question  (Read 7135 times)
mokjumbo

« on: August 21, 2015, 01:35:07 pm »

Hi,apologies for what may seem a simple question,but I`m trying to get a wire from near the foot pedals to the under bonnet fuse box on my 2001 Grand Espace 2.2.Without major dismantling,can anyone please suggest a tidy route for getting this cable through.I`ve looked all over and can`t see an easy option.Thanks.
renaultsan

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:10:55 pm »

Drill a hole and put a grommet in it, then pass your wire through the grommet. Why do you need that wire?

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
Renault 25 TXI Multivalve
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
Renault Extra 1.9 Diesel Vans (2)
mokjumbo

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »

Drill a hole and put a grommet in it, then pass your wire through the grommet. Why do you need that wire?

Hi,didn`t really want to drill a hole (don`t know where would be safe as can`t really see the other side) and the connection is for the speed sensor for an after market cruise control system.
BrianM

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

The only holes are for the wiring loom behind the fuse box, above the fuse box where the rod goes through for the brake master cyl or where the clutch pipe goes through behind the glove box. All are hard to access. Easy solution is to drill the hole!
mokjumbo

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

The only holes are for the wiring loom behind the fuse box, above the fuse box where the rod goes through for the brake master cyl or where the clutch pipe goes through behind the glove box. All are hard to access. Easy solution is to drill the hole!

Hi,thanks for the replies,I have now managed to drill a hole and route the cable,but even  that wasn`t an easy find.
WessexElectricNutter

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »

Hi,thanks for the replies,I have now managed to drill a hole and route the cable,but even  that wasn`t an easy find.

An owner to my diesel espace managed to route a cable with the mirror cables on the driver side then drilled a hole in the wing and fed the wires down that way, maybe you could look into this route.

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (Automatic) (1996)
Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (manual) was 1.2 (1997) - under repair
Renault Espace III 2.2 DCi Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Renault Espace III 3.0 V6 Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Vauxhall Omega 2.5L V6 Elite (1998) - under repair
mokjumbo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

Thanks for the reply,that`s what I did in the end.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: