| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Print
Author Topic: EOW 1W MATRA 1.9 RESTORATION  (Read 240228 times)
TELBOY

« Reply #375 on: May 07, 2024, 10:17:30 pm »

Hi Terry, is you brake servo plumbed in on the electric vac pump as well as the lighting, or just used for the headlight raising/ lowering ?
Just the lighting! The manifold had been drilled and tapped to create a second vacuum takeoff for the lights.

TELBOY

« Reply #376 on: June 10, 2024, 12:48:40 pm »

More teething issues.
(When a warning light can tell you so much more)
After work Sunday I decided to jump in the Matra and pop down the shops, the car had been sitting for over a week but fired up instantly (which is normal) however the vacuum warning light did not go out as is usual! at the top of the road the engine cut out! it started straight away but would not idle!!! I drove back with it spluttering and cutting out. Here we go again I thought.
I have added additional wiring under the centre consul I made which consists of :- power from ignition to a fuse box then two switches, one for electric fuel pump,  vacuum light pump and the "run on" cut off and "float vent" to the carb, and one for the cooling fan override.. There is also a digital volt meter.
In the engine bay the fuel pump circuit is split between the fuel pump and vacuum pump and carb solenoids.
Because the vacuum warning light came on I was instantly able to diagnose the problem as a lose connection on the carb Smiley
Or you could say I should just run the carb electrics on the same circuit as the  fuel pump.

Other things I just had to do:- Fitted a GPS MPH display (too many 20MPH limits around here, and wired up the oil level warning light (not fitted on my engine) as an auxiliary battery warning light. (for no real reason)
Still enjoying the (usually) twice weekly drives Smiley
TELBOY

« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2024, 06:35:23 pm »

Hi all, need a little help! I have been gifted a footrest and was able to reattach the footrest to the frame by carefully removing  the carpet and  replacing the 6 broken bolts but I need to know where to drill the holes to fit it. Any photos or measurements would be greatly appreciated.
Terry
TELBOY

« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2024, 11:36:09 am »

Happy Sunday all!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2024, 09:13:23 am »

Yay, what a beauty - happy Wednesday too Grin

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142 (under restoration)
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah
2024 VW id.buzz Pro

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: