| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2nd bonnet release ??  (Read 9054 times)
Gib

« on: December 26, 2015, 10:19:57 pm »

Obviously this is a security issue so please respond by pm. My cable is broken but I don't even know if it's standard fit, no mention any where on the web of it but as mentioned its a security issue. Tried looking on Simon's spare parts but struggling any help, please
GP

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 10:21:00 am »

Obviously this is a security issue so please respond by pm. My cable is broken but I don't even know if it's standard fit, no mention any where on the web of it but as mentioned its a security issue. Tried looking on Simon's spare parts but struggling any help, please

I would be surprised if it is not standard fit personally.
There are two cables involved with the bonnet release mechanism. The one starting from under the dash by your left leg which releases the bonnet catch itself, plus another cable operated by the headlamp mechanism which stops you opening the bonnet if the lights are up, by moving a pivoting bracket with a bent angled stop on the end against the release mechanism.
You can open the bonnet with a screwdriver from underneath, but not sure how much access you have with the front bumper on? Mine is only off at the moment as I am in the process of changing the radiator for one of Simon's sexy aluminium ones.
I have attached some photo's for clarity and hope this is of some help?
Gib

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:39:19 am »

Stick end of wrong. I presumed it was a second bonnet release in case of emergency ( insert French logic here) now I understand its purpose it makes far more sense. The end of the cable was not attached to any thing so presumed some lever rather than being attached to the light pod raising bar. Thanks I will try and sort this.
GP

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 01:19:43 pm »

Stick end of wrong. I presumed it was a second bonnet release in case of emergency ( insert French logic here) now I understand its purpose it makes far more sense. The end of the cable was not attached to any thing so presumed some lever rather than being attached to the light pod raising bar. Thanks I will try and sort this.

Good that all is clear now.

Completely unrelated but here are some pictures of my x-mas present to myself. Ho Ho Ho.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 02:42:35 pm »

--
Completely unrelated but here are some pictures of my x-mas present to myself. Ho Ho Ho.

That looks nice. Where did you get it?
But one thought. I do not see a small pipe at the top, which is supposed to allow air to return to the expansion tank Huh

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Gib

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 05:44:50 pm »

Sorry but I am very confused now can you please send the shiny thing to me as I am sure that would help.
GP

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 06:07:25 pm »

--

But one thought. I do not see a small pipe at the top, which is supposed to allow air to return to the expansion tank Huh

Came from Simon in Germany. Seems very good quality.... lets hope it fits nicely now?

The small vent pipe is there:

GP

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 06:10:14 pm »

Sorry but I am very confused now can you please send the shiny thing to me as I am sure that would help.

To confuse you more you can have the one in my shed that the Bunny Rabbit put it's head through previously!!!!  Grin
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 02:26:14 pm »

--

Came from Simon in Germany. Seems very good quality.... lets hope it fits nicely now?

The small vent pipe is there:

I see it.  Grin
It looks like its made of aluminium. Is that so?

GP

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 07:41:35 pm »

Yes... made of aluminium but with the top and bottom mounting plates made of stainless steel and bolted on.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

Yes... made of aluminium but with the top and bottom mounting plates made of stainless steel and bolted on.
Sweet  Grin
Can you give me Simons part number? I am thinking of replacing mine.

northmurena

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 05:07:39 pm »

I took also a look at the radiator.

http://www.simon-auto-shop.com/shop/cgi-bin/shop.dll?AnbieterID=16&bnr=06002B&Hauptseite=detail.htm

I think with 329 Euro it is anything else than expansive. Fair price.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: