| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 1990 Espace colour code  (Read 19645 times)
renaultsan

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 09:28:22 pm »

You are excused. as for not being at odds with rest of the US , if you look at the cars we have that are Renaults you will find two diesel Extra vans in there. We also run two Land Rover Discoverys, one a 1995 which we fitted with a 300TDI engine and a manual gearbox and the other a 1997 that has the Rover V8 (and that will get the diesel treatment as soon as we are able and import another diesel engine from England. Generally, the Yanks are motoring morons and obcessed with pick trucks (yuk)
Not only are the Renaults more reliable and fun to drive, with petrol at $2.0 a gallon, its cheap motoring given that mpg the Renaults and the diesel Land Rover get, the V8 Rover is more thirsty at 17mpg locally and 24 on a run, but is not used everyday.
As for American cars, would not touch them, horrible things and even the Jap stuff nade here or imported from Japan are way down on power and economy of their UK/Europe counterparts
As we do ALL our own work, we do not suffer the rip off yank prices for useless mechanics

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
Renault 25 TXI Multivalve
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
Renault Extra 1.9 Diesel Vans (2)
Espace Atlantic

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 09:56:24 pm »

You are excused. as for not being at odds with rest of the US , if you look at the cars we have that are Renaults you will find two diesel Extra vans in there. We also run two Land Rover Discoverys, one a 1995 which we fitted with a 300TDI engine and a manual gearbox and the other a 1997 that has the Rover V8 (and that will get the diesel treatment as soon as we are able and import another diesel engine from England. Generally, the Yanks are motoring morons and obcessed with pick trucks (yuk)
Not only are the Renaults more reliable and fun to drive, with petrol at $2.0 a gallon, its cheap motoring given that mpg the Renaults and the diesel Land Rover get, the V8 Rover is more thirsty at 17mpg locally and 24 on a run, but is not used everyday.
As for American cars, would not touch them, horrible things and even the Jap stuff nade here or imported from Japan are way down on power and economy of their UK/Europe counterparts
As we do ALL our own work, we do not suffer the rip off yank prices for useless mechanics

Yes, I say I envy your trips to the gas station. And I can't stand pickups or most American cars either.  With those Land Rovers in addition to all the Renaults, I hope you're situated far from the salty ocean air...?

Useless mechanics? Where in the States is this?  I have a Florida house and the mechanic just down the road is excellent and quick and reasonable - costs actually around 1/4 or 1/5 of getting similar work done here in Norway.  There I have an E300D 1996 Mercedes sedan (owned since new) with only 24,000 miles on it, and a 1998 Jeep Wrangler (no rust) - both cars white of course. The Wrangler, top and doors off, is fun to drive in summer and a most excellent vehicle for my 4 young sons since it seems to be going terrifically fast when it is only doing about 50 mph.

96 Espace 2.0 'Atlantic'
07 Espace 2.0DCI 'Privilege'
Espace Atlantic

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 08:31:05 am »

Our honored high priest cousins of the Espace fraternity, taking a moment away from their immaculate Espaces in old stone barns, have made a couple of replies to my humble inquiry: go to the link previous page in reply #12.

Smiley

96 Espace 2.0 'Atlantic'
Espace Atlantic

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 11:37:06 pm »

!!

OOOHH ..... AHHHH, really!

Our French wizards have conjured up the colours and materials offered on their 1990 Espace sales to the UK!

I am amazed. You should be too!  See the French thread (reply#12 above)

Cool    Cool     Cool

96 Espace 2.0 'Atlantic'
renaultsan

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:40 am »

There were 14 different colours for the 1990 Espace and Renault Customer services state that from the information I supplied together with a picture of an unfaded section of the car, the colour is Bleu Mandchourie.

However to put a stop to any further speculation, I am now going to respray the car in  Tungston Mettalic, a 2016 Chevrolet colour.

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
Espace Atlantic

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 10:30:46 am »

The veterans on the French site had never heard of an Espace in the US either. One of them suggested they might put up an english-language section, if owners such a yourself wished to more easily post. The technical information they have there about all the Espace models is of course encyclopedic, including innumerable descriptions of repairs and renovations of Espace 1's, a favorite subject for them.
I searched a little to see if I could find any other mention of Espace models in the US or Canada, and found zero. The Renault Owners Club or North America has no mention of any Espace - and that includes Canada. They have some 300+ members and their cars are the convertibles, old subcompacts, and the racier sports models.

The one time the French build a large car that was innovative and could have been of interest in the US and Canada, absolutely nothing crossed the ocean except for some copy-catting by the US automakers.

I have an odd idea in relation to this: I think Renault should have tried a Surfer model of the Espace, just to get a little promotion. A Woody-version might have looked pretty good, and given a little competition to all those VW campers.
But there's never been a Woodyfied Espace either, although Renault in France has done several ad campaigns around the surfing theme.
Not that I myself have ever had anything to do with surfing, I just think it could have been an interesting niche for the brand.  French sailors of my acquaintance were extremely fond of the Espace when going on road trips with their boats in tow.

96 Espace 2.0 'Atlantic'
renaultsan

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 01:52:49 pm »

As I said, ours is the only Espace in the USA and no there are none in Canada. I know about the ROC of North America and the vehicles they cater for and generally they are not much help to us. We have two Renault 15's, a 1974 NK1 with 1300cc engine and a 1978 MK 2 also with the 1300cc motor. Here in USA, Renault only imported the Renault 17 models but all with the bigger engines, You can find Fuegos, 18's and the Renault Le Car (a USA version of the Renault 5) and various variants of the Renault 25 produced by the association with AMC. In the case of the Renault 25 versions, they had different names and the body styleshad significant changes that spoilt the whole look of the car. You will aslo find variations of the 9 and 11 and some earlier models like the little 4CV and Dauphine.

Most of the parts we use are sourced from England but we also use Rockauto for some things. Although you will not find the Espace listed in the Rockauto catalog, thanks to the interchangeable nature of Renault parts, we recently bought a new brake master cylinder for our Espace by ordering one for a 1985 2,2 Renault Fuego, identical to the 1990 Espace and $43 delivered,

Renault Alpine GTA D500
Renault 25 V6 Automatic
1990 Renault Espace
1974 Renault 15 TL 1300
1978 Renault 15 GTL 1300
Renault 25 GTX 2,2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 12:45:10 pm »

Does anybody know where Renault put the colour code for the 1990 Espace. Haynes book has nothing .

The normal Renault oval plates of that era have the three digit paint code contained in the oval plate, but unfortunately the Espace did not.  The only place I know it was attached was a sticker on the front bonnet latching panel or underside of bonnet, but these stickers are usually gone by now.

The Espace paint codes are listed in the sales brochures and these are also in the FAQ section of my website.

(For the information of others on the forum I have emailed Terry the paint code of his Espace)

Roy

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: