| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Murena Alternator  (Read 24334 times)
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 11:29:12 am »

Problem solved.... without any new wirering.
The solution was as trivial as it is embarresing.. so I will not trouble you good people with it..  Grin
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 11:38:38 am »

Come on, spill the beans. We're all friends here!
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 11:47:40 am »

He he.. ok then..... Its really rather silly...
After installing the alternator I started the engine to see if it was working/charging.. witch it wasnt.. apearnatly... well.. as it turned out.. the engine was cold!!... that meant that as I was bouncing the throttle to get the charge light to go out, the carbs was choking thus not reaching high enough rpm for the system to start charging.....doh!
Thus the fault had nothing to do with the "AL-TER-NA-TOR".. but everything to do with the "O-PE-RA-TOR"..

Guess we sourted out who is buying the beers tonight eh?..  Wink
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 11:49:41 am by krede » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 12:47:21 pm »

HAR HAR HAR HAR!!! Cheesy

Not to mention that we probably all could have done the same! Wink

The worst example of this I've had was when our first Espace broke down. It happened just near our house and I had it towed home. It took me ONE WEEK to figure out that it was the timing belt that had broken. Ok, I thought it couldn't be as it had been replaced just 11 months earlier, but still. I had ALL sorts of odd thoughts while I tried to figure out what was wrong. I even replaced an expensive cam sensor (I still have to old one). Fortunately the mechanic did the repair on his and the belt suppliers expense and only three valves were bent.

But my wife still pokes me with that one and I've promised her to let the garage handle her car in the future - besides, now it's registered as a company car so it doesn't make that much difference and my time is also expensive Wink

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 04:37:12 pm »

Well I did a testdrive, and so far things seem ok.. though the fanbelt are squealing again... so I guess I have to get underneth the murena once more... this time I will get someone to fasten the bolts for me while i pull at the alternator Smiley
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 08:15:01 pm »

thus not reaching high enough rpm for the system to start charging.....doh!

Erhm, - I would expect the system to charge even in idle - with the choke on ?
I don't recall having ever seen the charge-lamp on under normal conditions - except while cranking, or after turning the engine off.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 09:40:40 pm »

Erhm, - I would expect the system to charge even in idle - with the choke on ?
I don't recall having ever seen the charge-lamp on under normal conditions - except while cranking, or after turning the engine off

We have the same issue with the mercedes GD in the army... you also have to rev them a bit for the alternator to "wake up" Smiley..
After that it does charge in idle.
Anyway... tightened the belt again... and that seems to be the end of that.... Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:43:20 pm by krede » Logged
maxderoswell

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »

Does anybody know what the little square box on the upper wire on the alternator is for?
My guess is thats some sort of noise filter.. but I’m not sure
I’m replacing the alternator of my murena with a 80amp one tomorrow ,in the middle console on the 55 amp there is a “L” and “+”  connection, where there is just the “L” on the 80 amp.... think I should worry ?

Hello,

I wish made the same on my murena 1,6L, it is possible ?

Have you got any ref ?

The wiring loom from the alternator needs to be upgrade by bigger wire section ?

Thank you

Mathieu
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: