| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: removing the whole cabin heater element  (Read 5157 times)
njesper

« on: November 05, 2016, 10:36:23 pm »

Has anybody done this?
Is it easy/hard?
I want to replace the heater blower motor, so I guess I have to take out the whole heater element?
Any tips to doing this as easy as possible?

Best, Jesper Colding
Denmark
jlg

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 12:07:29 am »

Hi Jesper,

No need to remove the heater matrix to access the fan: it is located outside the cabin and accessible from the bonnet. As you look under the bonnet, it is under the left-most steel plate, opposite where the wiper motor is.

Cheers,
JL.
GP

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:58:52 pm »

Hi Jesper,

No need to remove the heater matrix to access the fan: it is located outside the cabin and accessible from the bonnet. As you look under the bonnet, it is under the left-most steel plate, opposite where the wiper motor is.

Cheers,
JL.

You also have to drill the rivets outs to remove the panel. Years ago I removed my whole dash assembly before I realized the error of my ways!  Roll Eyes

njesper

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »

super.. thanx... IF though, I were to also take out the heater matrix, to check out the condition of the heater element, are there any suggestions on how to do this easily? (I fear the answer already  Grin)

Best, Jesper
northmurena

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 11:25:15 pm »

Hej Jesper,

made some photos showing you where the blower is located and the metal-plate what is covering the blower.

Well...the heater-matrix and heater-element...you alrady fear the answer, so you are on a good way :-)

Made also some photos of my naked chassis and the heating-element. Hope that gives you an idea where it is located and fixed to the chassis and so on. You need to take some parts of the dashboard out, where the air-inlet is and then loosing the cables, screws and the pipe-connection. There is also a cable to the front-department what makes  the switching between warm and cold possible. You have to take this cable off also. I hope i did not forget something.

Kai
njesper

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 11:49:55 pm »

Hi Kai,

So nice of you to also take some photos of the "monster". Helps alot. I don't hope that I need to take too many things out to be able to loosen the matrix. Otherwise, I think, for now, I will replace the blower motor, and wait until next autumn for the matrix to go out.  Grin
Thanx anyway.

Hej Jesper,

made some photos showing you where the blower is located and the metal-plate what is covering the blower.

Well...the heater-matrix and heater-element...you alrady fear the answer, so you are on a good way :-)

Made also some photos of my naked chassis and the heating-element. Hope that gives you an idea where it is located and fixed to the chassis and so on. You need to take some parts of the dashboard out, where the air-inlet is and then loosing the cables, screws and the pipe-connection. There is also a cable to the front-department what makes  the switching between warm and cold possible. You have to take this cable off also. I hope i did not forget something.

Kai
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: