| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wanted: Murena Breaker  (Read 10261 times)
MatraCD

« on: February 07, 2017, 02:44:56 am »

Anyone breaking one? I need various parts.
TELBOY

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:28:18 pm »

have some bits.....what are you after?
MatraCD

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 03:30:41 am »

Steering wheel
Gear stick
spare wheel
Dashboard sections.
Rear right lense
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 12:10:14 pm »

I have some Murena steel wheels, these were supplied as spares with alloy wheeled 1.6s.  Free if you collect from East Suffolk.
lewisman

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:25:51 pm »

I have a spare set of alloys and should have some brown dash parts. What do you need and where are you?
MatraCD

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 02:14:31 am »

I have some Murena steel wheels, these were supplied as spares with alloy wheeled 1.6s.  Free if you collect from East Suffolk.

Interested in these. I try and find someone willing to collect them.
MatraCD

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:24:56 am »

Quote from: lewisman link=topic=3174.msg23485#msg23485 date=148658915
I have a spare set of alloys and should have some brown dash parts. What do you need and where are you?

I'm near Manchester. I need the dash panel with the radio hole in it and the one at the lower corner of the dash on the LHS. (LHD car)
Also need :
A vent.
Front LHS bumper corner.
Rear RHS  bumper corner.
lewisman

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 10:09:40 pm »

I will have a rummage in the loft at the weekend.
I am a bit far away but head down south from time to time. Unfortunately the next time will be April.
I will see what I have first...
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »

Steering wheel
Gear stick
spare wheel
Dashboard sections.
Rear right lense

You say you need a new gear stick, but is this an early spring loaded one that is supposed to be pushed down to get reverse gear?  And has it broken?  If this is the reason you need another, don't bother.  You don't need the spring loaded split gear lever.  The later cars dispensed with it.  All you need to do is remove the detent gate bolted down at the bottom and 'throw it way'.  Then weld the upper and lower parts of the gear lever together to form on sold lever, and you are back in business.  If it is the rubber sleeve you need that is glued on to the lever shaft, you can still get new ones.  I have seen them for sale a few times.

The rear lenses are unique and generally unavailable since anyone who has a spare is likely to hang on to it!  New ones if you find one will cost possibly 200 Euro.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:05:41 pm by roy4matra » Logged

GP

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:00 pm »

Good sites to look for parts......

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/offres/ile_de_france/occasions/?th=1&q=MATRA%20%20MURENA&parrot=0

http://stores.ebay.fr/muracar/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:01:05 am by GP » Logged
MatraCD

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 02:15:24 am »

Steering wheel
Gear stick
spare wheel
Dashboard sections.
Rear right lense

You say you need a new gear stick, but is this an early spring loaded one that is supposed to be pushed down to get reverse gear?  And has it broken?  If this is the reason you need another, don't bother.  You don't need the spring loaded split gear lever.  The later cars dispensed with it.  All you need to do is remove the detent gate bolted down at the bottom and 'throw it way'.  Then weld the upper and lower parts of the gear lever together to form on sold lever, and you are back in business.  If it is the rubber sleeve you need that is glued on to the lever shaft, you can still get new ones.  I have seen them for sale a few times.

The rear lenses are unique and generally unavailable since anyone who has a spare is likely to hang on to it!  New ones if you find one will cost possibly 200 Euro.

Roy

Not broken just fitted with an aftermarket knob.
MatraCD

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:50 am »

Thanks that will keep me busy for awhile.
Franglaisman

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 05:17:38 pm »

Hi lewisman,

Whereabouts are you?

Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: