| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fuseboard  (Read 7828 times)
TELBOY

« on: May 10, 2017, 09:30:55 am »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATRA-MURENA-FUSE-BOARD-1-6-OR-2-2-/282451482063?hash=item41c36b95cf:g:8okAAOSw-3FZA2R-

This looks like the one that has the fuses on the top! does it fit??
GP

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 10:03:17 am »

Should do as it's the same as mine on my 2.2 with the fuses on top. Brand new toooooooh! I'd buy it if I needed one.

The seller is from Sports Car Unlimited so are bona-fida.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »

Will the fusebox cover fit when the fuses are installed?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:56:41 pm »

Will the fusebox cover fit when the fuses are installed?

Actually Peter, this board has the relays on top too, so there is no way the fuse box cover will fit on once it is installed.  You also have to cut the main wire terminal off and solder the wire to the board in the centre.  I don't like this or the Matra Magic board which also put the relays on the top.  There was no need for it.  Relays rarely fail and they were easy to check whilst underneath as the connections were accessible from the top.

I assume this board uses the modern blade fuses by the look of the fuse holders.  That at least would have been an improvement but soldering the main wire to the board was not the best idea.

For boards that have deteriorated on the edge contacts, or the terminals in the plugs have cracked or broken, causing a poor contact, I have shown how that can be got around with some edge connection strips.  I posted on this topic in the Murena 'common failures' thread in January this year.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:12:23 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: