| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 3D PRINTING  (Read 31466 times)
richard

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 08:39:25 pm »

thanks !

it seems the rubber strips on youre bumper are more flat than mine, did they use more models ?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 10:15:14 am »

thanks !

it seems the rubber strips on youre bumper are more flat than mine, did they use more models ?

Those bumper rubbers are original from the look of it.  There was only one type, so if yours are different they are not original I'm afraid.  The bumper rubber was fitted over a metal former which was then pulled tight to the bumper from the rear by rivets.

Roy

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 07:43:30 am »

Maybe the strip is mounted upside down.
Original parts.

Herman
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:48:00 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
TELBOY

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 11:11:41 am »

Richard has made and sent me the front and rear end caps for review so as promised an honest review of all of them including the materials used. (Hopefully I will get this bit correct). Reviews as follows:-
TELBOY

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:05 am »

Rear bumper end plates ...not to sure what these are made of they are now slightly thicker resulting in no cracking when fitting. Good profile fit. The flex one I thought wasd particulary good offering easy fitting as it flexed around the rubber and offers durability
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:52:50 am by TELBOY » Logged
TELBOY

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 11:17:54 am »

front end plates are available in variouse colours red one made using PETG and the clear one using nylon. Both offer limited flexibility but are thick enough not to crack when fitted but the finish is not 100%
TELBOY

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 11:22:43 am »

This end plate is made from TPG (I thinks that's correct). Offers a very flexible cap which springs back to shape with no damage. The flex allows it to be a very good profile fit and it should absorb minor scuffs and scrapes. Very good.
TELBOY

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 11:33:06 am »

The last one...........this for me was the clear winner...I think it is made from nylon but cant be sure. It is, in my opinion, better than the original! It has a good profile has limited flexibility but does allow limited movement. This is probarbly due to the thickness of the printing as can be seen. The material mimics perfectly the original material used. The finish is outstanding it does not look like a printed part and has strength and durability. It feels stronger than the original and the colour is exactly right. I defy anyone to look at it and not believe it was not factory made. Absolutely outstanding! Not sure how much it cost in time and material to produce but a first class replacement as stated better than original.
Photos show it fitted to my spare bumper and the shadows make it look like it is not too good a fit but it is perfect. Another photo shows it beside the original for comparison.
Fantastic job Richard, When do you go into production?HuhHuh
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:55:16 am by TELBOY » Logged
TELBOY

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 11:51:03 am »

So to sumerise My personal opinion is that I would use the flex for the rear as it is larger it gives more movement and is therefore more forgiving. It has the strength and flexibilitly to withstand minoe scrapes with no damage will not crack or break and is easay to fit. The front I would use the black ABS as it can only be described in one word....perfect.
richard

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 02:58:13 pm »

So to sumerise My personal opinion is that I would use the flex for the rear as it is larger it gives more movement and is therefore more forgiving. It has the strength and flexibilitly to withstand minoe scrapes with no damage will not crack or break and is easay to fit. The front I would use the black ABS as it can only be described in one word....perfect.

Result !
thanks, the front cap is ABS that i grinded a bit and than give a acetone fume finish, this softens the skin and melts it a bit, giving it a nice shine. The flex part is TPU (same material as cellphone bumpers) this is flexible, there are even more flexible filaments, that wont be neccecary. 'problem'  with flex is that there is no ssmoothen possebility, like there is also not with pet and nylon, layers are visible. If that is not a problem for you than it is a good choice. In my opnion the ABS back covers were also quit good, depending on the shape of the strip. I think no 2 strips are the same, so exact fit will be a problem afterall.

Richard
njesper

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 05:03:25 pm »

those parts for the window mechanism? How did that come out? Did the 3d printed version work as good as the original?

Best, Jesper
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 05:18:01 pm »

Richard,
Can you shrink, and repost this photo.
It makes the whole post hard to read.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
richard

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 09:51:00 am »

Richard,
Can you shrink, and repost this photo.
It makes the whole post hard to read.

Hi, i did not post this big photo, please ask TelBoy
richard

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 09:52:47 am »

those parts for the window mechanism? How did that come out? Did the 3d printed version work as good as the original?

Best, Jesper

hi, i did not go any further on that. if you could use some, i can start trying to create them. I need people who can test the printed parts for usability.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: