| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: instrument cluster  (Read 15803 times)
pezzer

« on: October 20, 2017, 06:37:21 am »

Hi all i need to remove the instrument cluster has anyone done this and are there any pics?

regards ...
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »

Hi all i need to remove the instrument cluster has anyone done this and are there any pics?

regards ...

Check my post here: http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,1504.0.html

There are two clips at the top of the panel. You can see them in the picture in the second entry of my post.
But before you can remove it you have to disconnect the speedometer cable and the clip that holds the trip counter reset-cable in place.
I have done several repairs to the panel itself, the instruments and the clock. Try searching for posts using "Jon Weywadt" as user.

Let us know what you are trying to repair. Perhaps we have a fix.
Regards.
Jon

Matranaut par excellence Cool
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 01:04:46 pm »

You also have to disconnect the multi-way plug with all the wiring at the back of the panel.  Be careful as it is a flexible printed circuit board and easily damaged.  It is a good idea to remove the screw at the top right inside the instrument cowl, it is one of the ones that holds the heater control panel in place, as it may foul the instrument panel as you pull it forwards.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:51 pm »

---
  Be careful as it is a flexible printed circuit board and easily damaged. 
---
I can attest to that. When I removed mine I found that it had been previously damaged.
In the post I mention I also show the repairs I made to the flexible circuit board.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
pezzer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 06:11:31 am »

Thankyou everyone cleaned up all contacts now everything appears good.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: