| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: wiper motor access?  (Read 15657 times)
njesper

« on: October 31, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »

Dear fellow matradudes,

I'm almost finishing up a total re-wiring of my murena, and discovered that the wipermotors two speeds are almost identical.
What's the easiest way to get to the motor? And should I buy a new one, or is it easy to restore it?
It's the fast speed that isn't much faster than the slow speed.

Help is needed, thanx  Grin

Best, Jesper
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:16:02 pm »

Access to the wiper motor is not that easy. You have to drill out the pop rivets that hold the metal plates behind the brake cylinder assembly. Don't remember if you start from the left or right.
The speed issue could be because it is not getting enough power. Perhaps coroded wires, but perhaps the brushes are worn.
When I renovated my heater blower motor I found that the commutator was completely black due to excessive arcing, which again was caused by the brushes being worn too short.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
njesper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:54:29 pm »

Super. Well, it IS getting enough power thru my HP powerbox directly (wires and box is brand new), so I guess I need to have a look at the motor.
DO you know a replacement?

Best, Jesper

Access to the wiper motor is not that easy. You have to drill out the pop rivets that hold the metal plates behind the brake cylinder assembly. Don't remember if you start from the left or right.
The speed issue could be because it is not getting enough power. Perhaps coroded wires, but perhaps the brushes are worn.
When I renovated my heater blower motor I found that the commutator was completely black due to excessive arcing, which again was caused by the brushes being worn too short.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: