| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hrw relay  (Read 12995 times)
sc1962

« on: January 25, 2018, 03:13:23 pm »

hi everyone,does anyone know what the hrw relay should be  in a 1.6 murena ?? is it 4 or 5 pin,open or closed and what ampage it should be ?? I'm going to swap it out hopefully as a start point in an attempt to get the hrw working as it should as I'm struggling to see out the back window lol

thanks as always

steve
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »

It is a 4 pin (pins 1,2,3 & 5 used)  The supply is fused at 16 amps, so the rating should be at least that.  Pin 1 is ground, pin 2 is the supply from the switch live when switched on and ignition on, pin 3 is a permanent live supply, fused at 16 amps from the fuse board in the LH front wing and pin 5 is the feed to the HRW, this and the HRW ground are fed to the screen via the two struts, which should be insulated from the body (note, some replacements aren't).  My advice would be to start from the screen and work back before suspecting the relay.
sc1962

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 03:38:44 pm »

thanks for that pete.im getting no feed at the screen at all,so I'm on it this weekend Cheesy
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:09:12 am »

Check the connectors below the waterbottle in the front.
They tend to corode.
The backview wil not be any better if it works Grin

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:45:41 pm »

They tend to corode.

I note the smiley, but actually if you have a properly working heated rear window system, they can clear the glass fine.  It's just many do not have really good working H.R.W. systems.  I've had my car from new and it worked and cleared the rear glass just fine.  All the connections must be in good order, the voltage at the screen must be full 13 volts plus with the engine running and all the lines across must be intact, with a good earth on the left.

However, one problem with the Murena is that the airflow stays 'attached' down the rear screen (unless you have a rear spoiler) so if the outside air is really cold, this slows the heating of the glass making it take longer before it has a reasonable affect.

Roy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 05:49:20 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 04:11:58 pm »

They tend to corode.

I note the smiley, but actually if you have a properly working heated rear window system, they can clear the glass fine.  It's just many do not have really good working H.R.W. systems.  I've had my car from new and it worked and cleared the rear glass just fine.  All the connections must be in good order, the voltage at the screen must be full 13 volts plus with the engine running and all the lines across must be intact, with a good earth on the left.

However, one problem with the Murena is that the airflow stays 'attached' down the rear screen (unless you have a rear spoiler) so if the outside air is really cold, this slows the heating of the glass making it take longer before it has a reasonable affect.

Roy.

The biggest problem is the water leaking from the backlights when it rains.
It soaks the carpet in the boot and because the exhaust warming it up you have lot of damp there that leads to a misty rearwindow.
Later in production they made a housing for the bachlights  that made the problem better but still not realy good.

Herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 11:07:31 am »

Herman

Roy.

It soaks the carpet in the boot and because the exhaust warming it up you have lot of damp there that leads to a misty rearwindow.
Later in production they made a housing for the bachlights  that made the problem better but still not realy good.

Herman

Yes and also don't ignore the holes for the number plate!  Water will often leak in through those too.  I have stick-on license plates so I don't drill holes in the panel. (if you use good quality double-sided adhesive tape and degrease the area properly the plate will not come off)  Seal up any holes drilled previously.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:17:20 am by roy4matra » Logged

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 07:30:21 pm »

----
Herman
I had the problem too and discovered that I was missing some of the wedge-like metal pieces that clamps the tail light housing tightly to the body. Thus water simply ran in over the light. Also check the gasket that is supposed to be in the perimeter of the light housing. It may be defective.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:03:33 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: