| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: shock absorbers ??  (Read 6567 times)
sc1962

« on: April 24, 2018, 02:01:57 pm »

hi guys,im thinking about changing the shocks on my 1.6 murena.would anyone know if the original  factory fitted shock absorbers that were fitted front and rear were the same as the simca 1100 and the horizon,alpine solara etc Huh

thanks in advance

steve
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 04:48:23 pm »

Don’t know if those fit. But at Roy’s website http://www.matraclub.org.uk/Index2.html youcan find the Koni replacement partnumbers. Front 80-2480, rear: 82-2184. (Save old spring seats)

Matranaut par excellence Cool
TELBOY

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:37:18 pm »

front ones are!!! not sure about rear
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 03:59:25 pm »

I use Simca 1100 on the front.
The rear are specific Murena.
You can use adjustable Spax G695 on the rear and need to use the ols spring seats.

front

They work OK.

Rear.

Lowered by the Spax.

Herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Gib

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:06:26 am »

I have a pair of barely used fronts (Monroe i can find the number when i get home at the weekend). That you can have just PM me your address.
I have gone for Gaz on the recommendation of others i can't remember the price but it was reasonable compared to other options.
sc1962

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 02:54:51 pm »

thanks Gib but iv jst acquired two new old stock fronts so i just have to sort out the rears now.(hopefully they fit as they are simca 1100)
thx

steve
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 11:13:28 am »

A bit late, but i got GAZ GT5-2182B dampers at the front.
These are listed as dampers for opel manta-B, ascona-A, kadett-C, but they fit murena.
The only thing is the rubber bush hole is wrong. But i used the bush from the old dampers.

Very happy with these dampers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:21:20 am by Bart_Maztra » Logged

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 09:43:55 am »

hi guys, i'm thinking about changing the shocks on my 1.6 murena.would anyone know if the original  factory fitted shock absorbers that were fitted front and rear were the same as the simca 1100 and the horizon, alpine solara etc Huh

thanks in advance

steve

I doubt the fronts would be the same Steve.  Physically they possibly are, but the front of the Murena is so light whilst the Simca/Talbot models being front engine, front wheel drive, are much heavier, so the damping has to be different.  To back this up, the part numbers are specifically Matra.  When the parts are the same as a previous car in the Simca/Talbot range, it uses the older number.

The rears are unique to the car as Herman states.

You don't want the front shock absorbers any firmer than the originals because it makes the cars handling worse!  The front becomes 'jittery'.  I had one Murena with Konis all round and the setting had been adjusted firmer and the car was definitely worse on the road.  I replaced them with standard ones and the good handling immediately returned.

At the rear which is much heavier, maybe slightly firmer dampers would be OK and certainly mine was fine once the front ones had been put back to standard.

Concerning the suspension, it is more important to check the condition of the rear coil spring seats which are known to corrode and fail.  The shock absorbers themselves don't cause much trouble unless they leak.

Roy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:48:02 am by roy4matra » Logged

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 09:15:29 pm »

I changed several Murena's to the Simca 1100/Bagheera (NB: same type in both)  front shocks and they do the job realy good.
The front still hits the ground on the same bump  Smiley
I drive this shocks on both my Murena's an noticed no difference.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:17:32 pm by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: