| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera fuel sender  (Read 10764 times)
andy800

« on: October 09, 2018, 11:35:26 pm »

Hi looking for a bagheera 2 fuel sender unit , or does anyone know a replacement that can be used , thanks andy
TELBOY

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:22 pm »

Andy,
This is the spare I removed from the Murena!.....and it didn't work!
After stripping it down (carefully) I removed all the corroded contacts cleaned them and then re-assembled and it now works. If yours can be dismantled you should be able to clean and fix. It's a little fiddly.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:00:02 pm by TELBOY » Logged
andy800

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 01:03:44 pm »

cheers terry ,,, will give it a go ,,  andy
Matraman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 04:22:55 pm »

Hi Terry
I have no fuel sender in my Murena, it had completely rusted away! So I've bought a generic one, but I'm not sure if it's changing its resistance in the right direction. Can you remember if the highest resistance on the OEM sender is when the tank is full or empty?

Andrew
TELBOY

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 07:01:55 pm »

Sorry. Cant remember but will dig out my spare saturday and  check  it out as i cant find my wireing diagram
TELBOY

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 03:53:30 pm »

Sorry for the delay matraman. The more.fuel in the tank the less resistance across the terminals
Matraman

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:26:03 am »

Thanks Terry, I think I'll need to swap something round inside the generic sender to achieve that. Good to know now while it's on the bench and not fitted to the tank.

Andrew
TELBOY

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 01:32:36 pm »

Thanks Terry, I think I'll need to swap something round inside the generic sender to achieve that. Good to know now while it's on the bench and not fitted to the tank.
Why?
If you still have the original wireing you should just have to connect it. One wire should go to one side of the resistor and the other to the other side. As far as I know (which admitedly is not too much) all fuel guages will show less when their is more resistance.
Matraman

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 11:17:19 pm »

As the float goes from the upper position down to the lower position the resistance between the single connection and the body of the sender decreases, so less fuel means less resistance at the moment.

Andrew
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 11:30:09 am »

As the float goes from the upper position down to the lower position the resistance between the single connection and the body of the sender decreases, so less fuel means less resistance at the moment.

The electronic unit I told you about where you can set the various points of a third party gauge sender to read correctly, also allows for reversal of the resistance to fuel level.

Roy

Matraman

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 02:52:22 pm »

I'm still perfecting the generic sender in the Murena. I managed to reverse the polarity by taking it apart and constructing it the other way round. It now works correctly with the gauge. Yesterday I filled the tank with fuel but the gauge was showing less than half full, so I took it out and bent the float support arm so that the gauge now shows full. I'll now drive it and see how the calibration looks, and try to judge almost empty based on 30 mpg and starting with a full tank. I carry a spare 5 litres in the boot in case I get my calculations wrong!

I'll probably buy the electronic unit which Roy told me about when I'm happy the sender is a long term solution. It will then give me proper full and empty indications and will also work the low fuel warning light, which I don't currently have a connection for.

Andrew
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: