| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: murena alloys  (Read 14300 times)
lewisman

« on: December 06, 2006, 12:58:22 am »

I have 5 x 14" murena alloys which are surplus to requirements.  Only one tyre is good (new) but as I have a set of 15" TSW 5-spokes which came off our old Punto that fit perfectly and have decent tyres there is not much point in keeping them.  (I might stael the 17" Momo five spokes off my wife's Alfa 145 when she isn't looking Grin)

They are in reasonable condition but not perfect.  Anyone know what they are worth?

I live in Scotland but I could drop them off in the midlands at Christmas if anyone was interested.  Alternatively I will stick them on fleabay and see what happens.

macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:58:28 am »

No idea what they're worth, but I need one, if you're prepared to split them.
lewisman

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:28 am »

It should be okay to "lose" one out of the five as that would still leave a set of four. Would you want the one with the good tyre?
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:11:36 pm »

Yes please, if thats OK. My spare hasn't been refurbished and it loses air.

Where do you go in the midlands? I will be spending Christmas near Stone.
lewisman

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:29:28 pm »

Heading down to Corby on 23rd December.  Will be there until 31st.
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 01:28:33 pm »

Corby, Northants?

Is that the midlands? That's nowhere near where I am going so I'll have to think of something else.
I am travelling down south on the Wed/Thurs between christmas and new year and I could go down the M1 via Corby...

I'll have a think.
lewisman

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:15:54 pm »

Corby, Northants?

Is that the midlands? That's nowhere near where I am going so I'll have to think of something else.
I am travelling down south on the Wed/Thurs between christmas and new year and I could go down the M1 via Corby...

I'll have a think.

Cheesy Well it is known as "Little Scotland" but Corby is in the middle of the country...  Mind you they call them "Plastic Jocks" these days.

See what you can work out.  If you know somone in the area that I could leave it with that would be okay.  I am in Edinburgh at the weekend but that is even further away from you.

I will need to check what the wheel with the good tyre is like.  You might as well have the best wheel with the new tyre and I will get rid of the the other tyres and try to sell the wheels on there own.  That way it keeps the postage price down.

Assuming the wheel is okay (I can mail you some photos) how does £30 sound?
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 09:27:00 pm »

OK, I'll see what I can work out.

Assuming the wheel is OK and doesn't lose air, £30 is fine. Can you find out a postage cost for 1 wheel? Or tell me what it weighs and I will find out.
lewisman

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 12:16:18 am »

The wheel is okay.  The coating has come a bit loose at the edge of the rim but otherwise it looks okay especially for a 25 year old alloy. The tyre is a 195/60/14 made by Presto and has between 5 and 6mm tread left.

Weight is about 14kg full of air.  It will come down about 0.5kg by letting the pressure off.

If you want me to send you photos I will probably need am e-mail adress.

By the way, I think that I may have solved my steering wheel boss problem.  I found my old Tabot boss kit for an Astrali/Mountney wheel (which was too short for my Bagheera) and also dug out an old Renault Momo boss kit that I had.  I plan to cut them both in half and then bolt them together!  I will take some digi photos and post them if it works.
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 07:54:23 am »

Send a photo to antonypalourti@hotmail.com

Good to hear you may have solved your wheel problem. I may have found one on ebay that might do, although I am getting used to the horrid Murena one now!
lewisman

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 01:58:14 am »

did you get the photos?
macaroni
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 09:10:37 am »

Yes I did thanks.

I'm just trying, so far unsuccessfully, to sort out the logistics of picking the wheel up.

I'll let you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: