| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace III oil pressure sensor  (Read 8621 times)
bigpaul

« on: November 11, 2009, 11:14:42 pm »

I have had a diagnostic on my car (1999 3.0 V6) which has shown that the oil pressure sensor/switch has failed.

In order to try and keep costs down I am looking to source and fit a new item myself. Having now located a part can anyone offer me advise on where the sensor/switch is located on the engine?

I have seen a previous post regards an item located above the oil filter. Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks
BigPaul.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:25:54 pm »

Hi BigPaul

The pressure switch shouldn't be too difficult to find, but being in Denmark I can't really help you.

I think, however, that I can help with advice on locating the switch. It is indeed located above the oil filter, a bit near the front (belt end) of the engine. Look at this photo, where you will can see a part of the switch behind the cable to the starter. It's an area of the engine which is easily accessible from underneath the car, so it shouldnt' be hard to replace. The oil level sensor is next to the switch (to the right).

/Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
bigpaul

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:10 pm »

Thanks Anders.

The oil switch and water temperature sensor were very easy to change, considering its a Renault!!

Touch wood the car is running better than ever at the moment. Starts straight away.

The whole job took less than 30minutes.

Paul.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:28:02 pm »

That's very good to hear, Paul Smiley

The water temperature sensor can make a real mess on this enigne. For some reason they have a tendency to fail. It usually only causes cold-running problems, but it can also cause warm-running problems. On my car, the sensor had periodic problems and luckily failed once while the garage had the car on diagnostics computer. Suddenly the engine would start running rough in idle and the water temperature show -40 degrees or so. A moment later it would be back to normal. Replacing the sensor fixed the problem.

Yes, french cars can be a pain to work on. But they look better than other cars! Smiley

Cheers,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
renaultbiler

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »

were very easy to change, considering its a Renault!!

Thats just an old fairytale - ive worked on many makes of cars and find the Renault equal or better to work on in general. I think when the R16 came with the engine and gearbox mounted the wrong way it created a virtually non-reversible statement on Renault and their headless constructions.

i'm much more comfy with working on Renaults rather than many other "accepted" car makes Grin

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: