| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB - Rear light internal Covers  (Read 1836 times)
Gib

« on: February 28, 2022, 08:21:03 am »

I don't have these internal covers and I am aware i can buy the covers brand new for £26 each. But looking a them they look a bit crap to be honest. Does any one have any alternatives or originals for sale ( Based in the UK) ?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 01:25:50 pm »

I don't have these internal covers and I am aware i can buy the covers brand new for £26 each. But looking a them they look a bit crap to be honest. Does any one have any alternatives or originals for sale ( Based in the UK) ?

If you had seen the original rear lamp internal covers, then you would realise they were not that good a quality anyway,  so the replacements are probably as good if not better!  Especially since the only original ones you would get now are second hand and will be in an even worse condition, I can almost guarantee it.

The originals were made from the same type of material as internal trim formers, i.e. a sort of carboard, with a large flange around the edges.  It was these flanges that were used to hold the covers in place using the metal strips bent over them.  The problem is that the flanges used to break away from the body when things in the boot knocked against the covers, and once the flanges were broken, there as no way to hold them in place.

I haven't see the replacements as my originals are not too bad (but even those have suffered) so I have never replaced them, but then I've had that 1982 car from new and tried to look after mine.  The 1983 cars had metal covers which were part of the shell so didn't need those fibre covers.

Roy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 03:13:47 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Grapes

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 01:00:11 am »

Could probable measure it out and print some custom ones. Or find someone who can.
Maybe send this guy a message. He has some other useful murena print parts as well.
https://cults3d.com/en/users/hendrik6073/
If he can make them I'd love to try printing them. We got an abs printer at the office. Never tried printing anything yet but it would be good excuse to give it a go.
vagabond1977

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 05:57:28 pm »

Hello, could you show the foto of these covers?
Grapes

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 11:49:55 pm »

Hello, could you show the foto of these covers?
Hope these won't be too big as this forum doesn't resize
They're from the matra magic website.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: