| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Indicator / Side light cover Screws  (Read 1474 times)
Gib

« on: March 24, 2022, 09:33:31 am »

The magic safe place has struck again. I took the indicator / Side light covers off as they needed a complete strip and clean. I put the 10 screws in a safe place. I now can't find them can some body please take one out and post a picture with some details if possible !!!

I presume the are Phillips raised countersunk size 8 * 25 HuhHuh
Gib

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 09:35:17 am »

For clarity this is the big clear plastic cover that goes over the sidelight indicator unit and the driving / fog light unit
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 11:46:56 am »

The magic safe place has struck again. I took the indicator / Side light covers off as they needed a complete strip and clean. I put the 10 screws in a safe place. I now can't find them...

lol  Yes we've all done that more than once I'm sure!

I presume the are Phillips raised countersunk size 8 * 25 HuhHuh

I haven't got one to hand but I'll see if I can take one off mine later today, but they were definitely not countersunk.

They are a Philips panhead screw with a self-tapping type thread, that cut into the composite bumper, although some had a speed clip at the back into which the screws could grip firmly.  Now if they have been in and out many times, or overtightened, that can damage the 'thread' in the bumper such that the screws no longer tighten securely, especially if there are no speed clips.  If the holes are like that then you could fill them with some new resin (and maybe a little matting) first and let that cure, before drilling a small hole in the middle for the screw to start and then make a new cut.

Update: They appear to be panhead self-tapping screws approx. 20mm, possibly 25mm long, and approx. 4mm diameter or size 8 (which is 4.2mm).  They could be a straight screw driver slot or Philips cross type, doesn't really matter.

Roy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 04:53:02 pm by roy4matra » Logged

matramurena

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 07:17:41 pm »

Mine have "clips" over the polyester that hold the screws. If you have these just use some new stainless screws that fit.

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: