| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Only 10 left!, on the road in the UK  (Read 15737 times)
tmrancho2

« on: December 20, 2006, 07:22:45 pm »

Yes it official (apperantly) only ten Rancho's left on the road in the UK and this is not one of them.

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:28:32 am »

whoa - thats not many, considering the production figures... how very sad. - even if it makes it very exotic indeed.

You have hereby put it on yourself - go increase the number by 10% and get your Rancho on the road tmrancho2 ! :-)

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
tmrancho2

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 05:28:30 pm »

whoa - thats not many, considering the production figures... how very sad. - even if it makes it very exotic indeed.

You have hereby put it on yourself - go increase the number by 10% and get your Rancho on the road tmrancho2 ! :-)

/Lennart

Yes I NEED to get it back on the road, but other car commitments (Sorry Ford ones) have taken over and life in general I think we all know what happens.

Martin.

Will Falconer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 11:34:32 am »

Yes it official (apperantly) only ten Rancho's left on the road in the UK and this is not one of them.

I keep coming across this kind of information, but does anyone know how to access it?

I'd say 11 looks about right in this instance, but I'd like to know how many Murenas and Bagheeras there are too.  I think 530's are down to about 2 on the road in UK.
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 04:40:13 pm »

You can buy it from the DVLA for about £300.

If you want to, I'll give you some details.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 12:30:28 pm »

You can buy it from the DVLA for about £300.

Don't believe everything you get from DVLA!!  Paying for specific information like this is a waste of money, sorry.  When I bought the yellow 2.2 Murena in 1997, the registration document claimed it was a four door Talbot saloon and there were two completely different Murena chassis numbers on it!  So until I corrected it, this car would never have shown up as a Murena.  Also our registration document only demands the manufacturers name in reality, and the model is not necessarily filled in or accurate.  For instance on my other two Murena the registration document has '2 axle rigid body coupe' under the model/type heading, so again if you search for Murena they will not show up.  One has Talbot-Matra as the manufacturer and the other has Matra.  So what you get from a search will depend entirely on what information was put in, and how you phrase the search.

I'm sure there are more than ten Rancho still on the road in the U.K. since we have that sort of number in our club and I know of, or have seen quite often a number that are not in the club.

DVLA information is only as good as the original information provided by the person filling the form, and I have learnt over the years how inaccurate that is.  Now we have a computerised M.o.T. system, we the testers, are effectively 'cleaning' and correcting their database by supplying accurate details of what many vehicles actually are, not what they have, but they will still not change something like model type except in extreme circumstances.  Mostly it will be things like accurate VIN, registration numbers and colours.  I have had to correct a number already myself.  Since we have approx. 19,000 M.o.T. stations with varying numbers of testers, imagine how many mistakes are being found.

Mark - formerly c5alive.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 09:55:59 pm »

Well if there are only 10 left in the uk, I will add 20% onto the total by the end of 2008 as I have two Ranchos which are both being restored.

That makes me feel really happy !!!

Mark

2 Matra Ranchos
1 Mazda E2000
21 Sinclair C5's !!!
Dokkedal

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 01:34:56 pm »

The census of Rancho says that 35 chassis numbers of Rancho are knowed and 189 reg plates without the VIN.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: