| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to program the remote central locking key fob  (Read 12763 times)
Blackadder

« on: January 31, 2007, 02:14:53 pm »

Hi all

I've just bought a 2001 Espace Initiale.

The car has a remote central locking key fob (the radio type not the infa red type). Two quick questions:

We bought the car with two key fobs. One of which has just had a new battery fitted but does not open the doors remotely - we were told it needs re-programming. Does anybody know how to do this. From what I've found on the net it's a case of holding down the door lock button for over five secons (inside the car on the roof consul). Then use the good key fab to lock the doors. Then use the other key fob to open the doors. The car should then recognise both. I am tempted to try but don't want to end up with two keys that do nothing  Shocked

Secondly - when I use the good key fob to lock / unlock the doors, I can hear all the doors lock but there is no flashing of the hazard lights and no chirping of the alarm. On our old Espace (1998) the lights and alarm would either blink once or twice depending on locking or un-locking. Can this be set up anywhere??

Regards

DAve
zinx

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:08 pm »

I have tried the reprogramming with my keys(they both work anyway)and it has done no harm

As for the alarm try under the top of the dash as mine has an alarm sensor and another alarm unit under it.To have a look pop the speaker covers off,undo the speakers,lift them out,unplug the wires,then ease the top of the dash off

1998 Grand Espace RXE 2.2dt G8T
TheJoker

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:07 pm »

Isn't this the thing where you have to flick the ignition 3 times or so, or is that for the alarm..?! I had some paper with my car or was it in the manual... I can't really remember.
It was something like, use one key to turn the ignition on, then remove it, then insert the new key, and flick the ignition on and off 3 times..?!

... but that's just off the top of my head... (and that ain't big Wink )

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:37 am »

I've just bought a 2001 Espace Initiale.

The car has a remote central locking key fob (the radio type not the infa red type). Two quick questions:

We bought the car with two key fobs. One of which has just had a new battery fitted but does not open the doors remotely - we were told it needs re-programming. Does anybody know how to do this. From what I've found on the net ...  I am tempted to try but don't want to end up with two keys that do nothing  Shocked

Secondly - when I use the good key fob to lock / unlock the doors, I can hear all the doors lock but there is no flashing of the hazard lights and no chirping of the alarm. On our old Espace (1998) the lights and alarm would either blink once or twice depending on locking or un-locking. Can this be set up anywhere??

The key does not need re-programming Dave, only re-synchronising.  That description you got off the net is not quite right either.  You cannot stop a working key working by attempting a re-synchronisation.  You are not changing anything which the term re-programming suggests, as you are only re-synchronising the plip with the rolling code system.  These keys cannot be re-programmed.

Did you attempt/manage to resync. your key?  If not take a look at the latest topic from Ross in which I have described it fully.

Regarding your alarm system, there are different versions with slightly different features, so if you have the manual for it, what does that say?  If you don't have the alarm manual, then you would need to know exactly which modules are fitted before anyone could say how it should respond.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:56:51 am by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: