| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Windscreen wiper arms  (Read 29356 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: February 17, 2007, 10:52:37 am »

Anybody know where what car they come from?. I could sandblast ans paint mine, but experience tells me that it isnt worth the efford as they will be just at bad in about 6 months Smiley
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:07:37 am »

I think they are either unique to the Murena or shared with a car no longer in production Wink

I expect to pay for mine to be professionally sanded and painted, that should last. I'll do it along with the rocker cover as I'd like to have that in Matra-blue Wink

- Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:27:22 pm »

My wiper arms are in a bad way, i think they need more than a re-paint, i was washing the car a while back and the wind deflector snapped off and now ive lost it, since then ive found they're are a bit loose, especially at speed. Are there any close matches or originals available anywhere?
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 04:00:02 pm »

i've found they're are a bit loose, especially at speed.
First of all - you really *need* the wind deflector on the driver-side blade at anything over 100km/h.
You also need good earth connections around the dashboard - I thought my windscreen wiper motor had almost gone, when I realized it was all down to lack of lubrication *and* poor earth connections.  If this is not in good order, the arms will struggle to come back down, once the wind has helped them up Smiley

Are there any close matches or originals available anywhere?

I have successfully used standard wiperblades with built in deflectors - you just need to find some which match the arm. I think I just located a Talbot blade, and went have a look. The one I ended up with is slightly longer than standard, and has a full length deflector. When I'm near my garage again, I'll see if I can find the exact type I found usable.

The arms themselves however are fairly easy to sand down, and repaint. I gave mine a thin layer of cold galvanizing spray, before spraying them glossy black. The glossy I think helps them stay clan and dry. (well, when its not raining, of course Smiley )

My paintwork may not last for ages, but then again, its easy to redo.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
davidewanprice
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:00:33 pm »

Its starting to sound like a good earth is the key to a few things on this car of mine, but as a novice how whould i know where to look?
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 11:20:32 pm »

Its starting to sound like a good earth is the key to a few things
hehe - yes. In many cases "The French Connection"  is the problem. Smiley

be it earth, or connections in general.

I have found that the most of the connectors on the car outside the cabin, are heavily corroded, and if you can get them apart at all, they most often crumble.

Every single one of them needs attention, - but then again, there aren't that many.

The edge connectors on the fuse-board is of the same type, and as the fuse-board is only single-sided, those are a common problem as well.

On the front of the "torpedo" - the wall separating the cabin from the front , there is a connector for the wiper motor and (I think) the interior fan. This one is often pretty corroded.

Then there are a few earth-points, - one on the chassis running straight from the battery, another near your left knee while driving (behind the carpet) and then one from the engine-block - forgot where (as my car has a non-original engine). I think it runs from the gearbox to the chassis in the left hand side.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Michael

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 02:14:52 pm »

Wink
Well some people say i made a E-30 BMW to my Murena, but you can mount the E-30 arms directly on shaft it has the same profile. The arms are little bit shorter than the original ones, but they work.
Also it is a good idea to take the cover from the passenger axis from the E-30 they keep the water away.
http://www.isionline.de/~mifaust/restauration/restauration3.html

Kind regards

Michael

Kind regards

Michael
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 03:36:59 pm »

There is guy selling 5 arms on ebay at the mo, from Germany.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110116333120&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1
davidewanprice
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 04:11:32 pm »

Ive ended up buying some new ones from Will, but thanks to everyone for their input...
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 08:39:08 pm »

I just went through some of the papers I got along with my car.. says that the wiper arms can be replaced with Citroen part no 9558 9142
lewisman

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 05:32:39 pm »

I just went through some of the papers I got along with my car.. says that the wiper arms can be replaced with Citroen part no 9558 9142
Anyone know what model of Citroen?
valross

Bagheera X 1980 + 7 Citroën

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 06:27:19 pm »

95 589 142 is a wiper arm for a Citroën BX

Lasse
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 06:39:32 pm »

95 589 142 is a wiper arm for a Citroën BX

Hmmmm.... Didn't the BX use a Mono wiper ?... would have thought those were to big to fit TWO on a murena.
Maybe its wrong what I have in the papers then....
Might go to a scrap yard and get a bx wiper just to test..
valross

Bagheera X 1980 + 7 Citroën

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 06:45:32 pm »

Didn't the BX use a Mono wiper ?.

Yes, the BX has just one long wiper arm. It should be too long for a Murena Undecided

Lasse
lewisman

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 06:57:44 pm »

I was thinking of buying the flat type wiper blades but they don't list the murena and the packs are sealed.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: